Your opinions on neons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions on neons?

What are all your thoughs on neon lighting? I know some people go overboard and put way too much, but I think it can be done tastefully. I plan on putting a few red ones in to accent my interior. Like under the dash. Then put some in my trunk when I install my system...maybe a nice LED tube to accent the subwoofer and others to light up the inside of the trunk red. What do you guys think?
    No way you ricer!
    0.00%
    No problem, if done tastefully.
    50.00%
    Hell yea, light that sucker up!
    50.00%
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

I think it can be done tastefully, but definitely to much is well to much
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yes. i also plan t o add some under dash lights and lights to match when i install all my stereo equipment. if you do this take some pics of what it looks like, as i probably wont get to mine until it is summer.

Comment

Agreed. I had neons and cathodes under my dash in my Grand Am and it looked good. I had the neons first, then switched to cathodes. Neons (for blue ones anyway) have a better color but aren't as bright. If I had to do it over again, I'd go with blue neons, probably 12 inch tubes under each side of the dash and 9 inch tubes under the front seats.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

i had neons under the front foot wells and underbodies in my jimmy. i still have the underbodies and plan to put them back in some day when i get my frame straightened. wiring them to go on and off with the alarm really messed with people nearby when you set off the panic button. my neons were all blue so the cops woudl occasionally pick on me, but it was worth it.

i think it takes way more than neons to be considered a ricer. i would like to think i didn't cross that line....besides, you couldn't see my bulbs unless you were under the vehicle

Comment

Man I was just on Streetglow's website and they have these flexible LED neon wheel-well tubes. That's wild! They flex and fit right in the wheel well.
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

RICERS!! It's one thing to put them inside to accent the interior a bit but I've never been a fan of having all these lights on the exterior of the car. However they can be decent on occassions such as putting them behind your grills and to light up the engine compartment but other than that I'm not a fan of underbody neons or things of that matter.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i like underbodies, as long as it just stays there, and doesnt move to the wheels, though you could use flexable ones anywhere

Comment

I will be doing underbody this summer... White ones
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

^Same here, definately white.

Comment

white underbodys look hot, and on any color car too. Not so sure I'll be doing them on my car though...they're such a pain in the @$$. I've installed them on 3 different cars, and all three times it took me like, 3+ hours...from mounting them, wiring them, and setting up switches in the interior....ughh.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

my only thing is, I want to know if they will show the neon from the side of the car.. if so, theres no way I'll get them!
                        EDIT: I did my RX7 and used my buddies lift... waaay easier
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

you are talking about being able to see the tube itself correct?

Comment

The tubes will probably show. It's pretty hard to hide on most cars without sideskirts. Especially with these GMs and how high they are off the ground.
                            -Mike #1

Comment

hmmm, i bet you could mount then up a little bit and keep them from showing

Comment

Working...
                              X