NOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS?

Has anyone put NOS on this engine yet?? Im not planning on it, just curious what the result was. i know they were trying on the Scion XB and XA with VERY little luck! Just curious if this 3500 is capable of running a small shot with out to much ramification?

I don't believe anyone has tried NOS yet. Usually you can run up to 100 shot without causing any damage to the engine or tranny. But that's only in quick bursts and not consistently.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I was stick to a 75 Shot on a stock engine.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

with a decent wet kit you shouldn't have too many problems as long as the computer can keep detonation down. i would not personally run a dry kit on any vehicle ever. nitrous scares a lot of people because they don't understand it. it is actually more safe than most people give it credit for IF you take the time to upgrade your fuel, spark, and timing to compensate. and i would stay around a 75 shot to start and see how it runs, get a decent scan tool and tune from there.

remember, the only way to find the limit of anything is to break it and back up a step.

Comment

I always thought dry kits were safer. I know they're a lot easier to install.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

not really, because a dry kit relies on the CPU and stock fuel injectors to keep the fuel flow up to par with the nitrous flow. with a wet kit you run fuel lines that inject along with the nitrous. and yes, a dry kit is easier to instal cause you are not running fuel lines too.

Comment

You could likely run a 50 shot all day long without any damage. The only thing you'd really need would be colder plugs. The 3900 crew could probably get away with a 75, like Jordie said.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

you don't think the 3.5 can take any bigger than a 50 shot? i'm new to the whole grand am way of life but i would have expected better.

Comment

With nothing more than new spark plugs, running a 50 shot all day long without damage is fine with me.
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

My Cougar with the 2.5 V6 could handle a 75 shot with no problems whatsoever. I imagine this car could definitely handle at least that.
                    -Mike #1

Comment

I'm sure it could. My 50 shot "all day long" means 15-20 times in a day.

You could probably run a hundred shot at the track for some good times.
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

why not just go with a blower instead if you are running it "all day long"? just because of the price?

Comment

True, I don't know if I would do it again...

... or would I?
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

I cant find any universal dry kits that have a max of around 100 extra horsepower
                            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

If you're getting NOS brand dry kits, get the 75 shot setup. Then just order a 100 shot jet (they sometimes call them pills). The new pills are only a couple bucks. The solenoids for the kit I had would have probably flowed enough for a 125 shot if I just had open lines (no jet).
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X