How-To Request- Strut Bar Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Request- Strut Bar Install

i plan on getting one in the next few weeks, having a how to about it would be helpful

All you have to do is remove the nuts on the strut towers, place the strut bar on, and tighten the nuts back down. Not much you can do about the hood rubbing against it, besides putting some type of material in between the two to prevent paint from scratching off.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Don't over tighten them either, they strip fairly easy.

Comment

^very easy, probably easier than the two bolts holding down the headlights
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah I learned that the hard way on my last car, so I knew better this time around.

Comment

On my Grand Am, I think that the strut tower bolts only got 14lb-ft of torque on them.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
            X