BLAH! New bumper is f-ed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAH! New bumper is f-ed up!

Well was backing out of Taco Bell and BAM! Someone was backing out also and fucked my BRAND NEW 3 week old bumper up!!!! I was all the way out of my spot and turning when he backed STRAIGHT into the middle of my bumper w/ the corner of his car. His car was previously damaged so he didnt even get any. Weird thing is I was in a 90 degree parking space while he was behind me backing out of an angled parking space, so with some sketches, i was out of my spot while he wasnt even out of his yet. But NO..the cops didnt do anything, PRIVATE PROPERTY....Imma file a collision report anyways, and I already made a claim to my insurance. This sux, the damage isnt too bad...but it dimpled my NEW bumper and scraped a bit of the NEW paint off...GAH! Have had this car not very long and its been a headache w/ trips to the dealership and now this....oh well, I still love my G6...not her fault she has a big, bald ass :P
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

that sux man
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    They cleaned my thing out
    g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
    2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

pics?

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
      Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
      Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
      -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Soon, I'm at work...it happened at lunch. UGH!
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

is any part of your bumper cracked or broken? if not or just barely you can probably get it fiberglassed or taken off and popped out then repainted with touch up paint, if the paint is minimally scratched off

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

That's exactly what happened to me at Sonic, cost me $250

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Damn! ^ who's fault??

There is a dimple, so it stretched the bumper a little, I havent whiped it off yet, I want to wait till the adjuster sees it. I know the edge by the license plate opening has some paint gone. The rest just probably scratches. I'll post pics soon.

Comment

His fault. Some army kid in a beat-up old car. I backed out half-way, checked for traffic because my vision was blocked by a van parked next to me, and he backed out into me. No witnesses though, and it wasn't worth getting the cops involved and starting an insurance battle.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yeah thats true about the insurance...Imma get it checked out anyways via insurance and if it doesnt work out, looks like imma try to get some $$ outta his rich ass parents.

Comment

that is pretty shitty man! Soon after I had the rear of my car completely replaced (the whole damn rear clip) I was almost hit by some dumb bitch on a Benz in the same situation. I was already backed up and she was backing up and just kept going. I threw my car in drive and hauled ass back into my space so she wouldn't hit me. She just slowly left like nothing happened.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bumper. Yeah, parking lots make me nervous.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Yeah...I'm almost too scared to drive my car now cause I know something will happen to it. I think this car is destined to get wrecked :P haha

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

U should of went to del taco better

Comment

Insurance adjuster called and since there was no police report, it is no one's fault...and there is no damage on the other vehicle....so my collision protection would have to cover it. They told me a list of body shops they work with and blah blah blah...to get an estimate. But my deductible is 500 bucks and I dont think the damage is that much...even if it was, my rates would go up and I'd have to front 500 bucks. My gf's dad's russian buddies can fix mine for less than half of that...so looks like I'll go w/ that. Maybe get the trunklid sprayed at the same time......shave the trunklock? The rain pretty much washed all the dust off the damage so it doesnt really look that bad anymore but the bumper still has a dimple in it, so it will have to be glazed...

Pics soon I hope, busy weekend and wasnt in the mood really haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X