New GM 6-speed autos for Aura, Malibu and G6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM 6-speed autos for Aura, Malibu and G6's

Seems that the General is already playing around with our transmissions. Here is more information on the GT40/45 six-speed for GM mid-size cars

The 6T40/45 will be going in the 4cylinder cars and possibly the 3.5L V6.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I doubt it on the current G6 though. G6 is staying on 4T45 except for the GXP for 2008. The 3.5L seems that it's going away along with this gen G6.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Sounds like this will probably be a more economy-geared version of the 6T70.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

god that is fucking horrible. I mean I was pissed when a couple months later they came out with the performance package for the GT's and now they're going to phase out the LX9-I mean I saw it coming but it still kind of pisses me off!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Blaine, that happens all the time in the automotive world.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
              god that is fucking horrible. I mean I was pissed when a couple months later they came out with the performance package for the GT's and now they're going to phase out the LX9-I mean I saw it coming but it still kind of pisses me off!!
              Uh... the 3400 based LX9 is long gone. The current 3.5L is the LZ4, which is based off the 3.9L.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

I know it's been long gone I just wish I would have waited a few months to buy
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Hey look on the bright side... the LX9 runs a bit frugal than the LZ4, if not develop 10 less hp.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

well my gf's Aura has the newer 3.5 with VVT and I have to say it seems like it has a very broad power band however I still think mine with a little less hp would run it under the table

Comment

There will always be something new coming, you just gotta be happy with what you get

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

it's not that, the point is I bought soon after the coupes came out then a bit later they had the GT wit the performance package, then the damn new 3.5, I got screwed a lot of way. I couldn't get into a GTP with my negative equity but shit I could have gotten the damn performance package at least.........errr

Comment

Working...
                        X