Completed HID Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed HID Conversion?

i know there have been a few threads on HID conversions including group buys, and such, but has anyone in here actually done a conversion on there G6 to date? if so, it would be great to hear about it here.

on a second note, anyone who has ever done a conversion on any of their cars, please let me know if you have had any issues with the authorities in your area.

i want to do a conversion on my car, but i am not gonna shell out 400 bucks if the first night i get them in, the police give me a ticket. :smoke:
    YES
    0.00%
    NO
    50.00%
    UNDECIDED (want more info before diving in)
    50.00%
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

UNDECIDED. I need more info about these, and pics of what they would look like.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

me2... def
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'm worried about warranty and electrical problems.

So, no, for me.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

mine will have HIDs, no doubt about it. i would like to wait for a set of projector headlights to be released to make the projector swap easier, but if they take too long she may have to go under the knife.

Comment

thats what I'm thinking as well.. I'm going to look into a set from like a civic or something and chop them up.. dunno exactly what yet.. I have that spare headlight laying around sooo I have a base to work from!
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

that is what i am going to do this time, but a spare set of headlights. my poor jimmy will never be the same again

Comment

I have already ordered my Wideview Prime HID kit but since H11's aren't widely used its still coming from the sellers supplier then he has to ship it to me. It's a crystal white 6000K kit.

I had a MeccaTune 12000K garnet purple kit in my 03 cavy and after two years I finally got pulled over for them-because the lights were purple and not white.

My digital cam broke but I might be ordering one today so I can do a How-To on the HID install and show you all pics when they finally get here.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                X