100 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 MPH

This is the smoothest car i have ever driven at 100 mph...doesnt shake one bit on a road that sucks, which is every road around here

anyone else notice this?

Yeah your correct-the G6 rides very smooth especially at higher speeds. It seems like my coupe absorbs the small bumps and what not a lot better at 85-90 and the nice stock stiff suspension feels nice at high speeds also. I love this damn car!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I would have to agree... I was going thru a stretch of highway where theres literally no place for a cop to sit and hide because you can see for miles away. So I figured lets see how it cruises at 90+, well I wanted to stop at about 95 and then I noticed I was at 105 and couldnt even tell I was goin that fast!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Oh yeah I'll be cruisin to work when the speed limit is 65 and I'm just sittin back rockin to music and I look down-85 the entire way! I think its cause I'm so used to 55mph being straight up for the needle but this car thats a tad bit faster
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yeah... thats the reason I'm sure LOL!

Comment

Re: 100 MPH

Originally posted by bluegtp33
            This is the smoothest car i have ever driven at 100 mph...doesnt shake one bit on a road that sucks, which is every road around here

anyone else notice this?
            Yep...even with my 16" winter wheels/tires.
            2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

yeh, i catch myself hitting around 70 all the time and thnking im going 55 to 60, oh well as long as i dont get caught

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                Originally posted by bluegtp33

anyone else notice this?
                Yep...even with my 16" winter wheels/tires.
                I'll tell yah what, the 16s came stock on mine because I got the base model.. but when they are on the car rides awsome. I dunno how the car rides with the stock 18's but the 16s definitely compliment the ride of the car!!

Comment

I'll tell yah what, the 16s came stock on mine because I got the base model.. but when they are on the car rides awsome. I dunno how the car rides with the stock 18's but the 16s definitely compliment the ride of the car!!
                  Yeah, I'm impressed actually. I didn't have the stock 18s on long enough to see how they were at high speeds and such tho, so I can't compare right now.
                  2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

well i have the stock 18s on, so i guess you can take it that they still ride very well, though i cant compare to the 16s

Comment

i have the stock 18s as well. very smooth ride even at 120mph - that's all the faster i've taken her so far........
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Eh I've only been up to 90. Until I get a radar detector or something I think I'll stay low. I still have a few points on my record from 3 years ago, but they should be going away soon.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

115 is also smooth.. Taking curves at 90 is also smooth, then reality sets in and you have to slow back down to 60 and it seems soo slow..
                          Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

speaking of 100+mph... i mentioned to one of my friends today that the g6 stops at 110, he goes "dude if you put on the emergency flashers it lets you go faster!"

needless to say i tried it and it didnt work
                            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

does yours really stop at 110? if so i take it you dont have the GTP bc i def hit 120 and could have still gone faster. it's supposed to go to at least 130.
                              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X