How to connect to fuse box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect to fuse box?

Hey, I am hooking up some switches in my car and I need to run a power wire to the fuse box. I am curious as to what is the best way to go about this. I have heard of some people just jamming it into the fuse. I dont know if I like the concept of jamming shit into my cars electrics. Is there like a way to have an open ended fuse or something that will let me connect into it?

I usually just use fuse taps... thats the safest and easiest way to do something in the fuse box... atleast IMO. You can get a small box of them at NAPA for like $5.00 +/-

Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

they are very expensive, but napa has a fuse adapter that is great! it's like 25 bucks; has the 2 fuse prongs, and at a right angle to them there are 2 fuse slots - one for the original fuse and one for the new one that runs out through a 6 inch chunk of red wire.

it's all modeled in plastic. I have one for my fuzz buster - works great!

my 2 cents...
      Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

Originally posted by viper007
        they are very expensive, but napa has a fuse adapter that is great! it's like 25 bucks; has the 2 fuse prongs, and at a right angle to them there are 2 fuse slots - one for the original fuse and one for the new one that runs out through a 6 inch chunk of red wire.

my 2 cents...
        Could get expensive as I am running 3 switches... the first idea is proabably what I will do.

Comment

they are expensive - but they are a hell of a lot cleaner looking, and not to mention much more safe!

i'd spend the money...
          Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

Originally posted by viper007

my 2 cents...
            viper007, Which fuse panel did you tap into? I picked up one of these "Add-A-Circuit" fuse taps today, but I've read conflicting opinions about tapping into the passenger side fuse panel - which did you tap into for your radar detector?

Comment

Working...
            X