Someone keyed my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone keyed my car

On the passenger side, and no I didn't have it coming, some low life punk. I guess my only real option is to buy the factory touchup paint, right? Most of it is light, one spot I'd consider deep. Any other suggestions?

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    Unknown, Hanlon's Razor
    2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Can it be buffed out?
    Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

If you can catch your fingernail in it, it can't be buffed out. Otherwise if you want to fix it yourself get touch up paint, fill it in and wet sand to level it and then you can polish it out.

Comment

May be extreme but report it to insurance, try to get a car repainted, and convince the guy to spray it on thicker so you dont have the thin paint issues lol
        Mike # 3!

Comment

what bullshit, I had a dream the other night someone keyed my car WHILE I was in it!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

that happened to me over a month ago too!! its jealous assholes but my scratch was really deep, i turned it in on my insurance and that was not helpful considering they only cut me a $250 check and all body shops wanted to charge me $500+ just to repair the scratch-when a whole new paint job would be cheaper...bastards...but i would try to buff it out if its not too deep .

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
              what bullshit, I had a dream the other night someone keyed my car WHILE I was in it!!
              Weird, won't try to interpret that one, wish mine were a dream. Guess I just wanted to vent my frustration
              2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Comment

Don't worry about venting here. If my 6 was keyed, I'd be doing some serious venting. If there is no panel dent, you could fill it with touch up and color sand with 1500 or 2000. How long is the scratch?
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by 06_G6_GT
                  Originally posted by LoJac963
                  Weird, won't try to interpret that one, wish mine were a dream. Guess I just wanted to vent my frustration

Don't you hate dreams like that where you try to go beat-down the culprit and you just cant move or run fast enough. Maybe its just me.

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
                  Originally posted by shi-fu
                  Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                    that happened to me over a month ago too!! its jealous assholes but my scratch was really deep, i turned it in on my insurance and that was not helpful considering they only cut me a $250 check and all body shops wanted to charge me $500+ just to repair the scratch-when a whole new paint job would be cheaper...bastards...but i would try to buff it out if its not too deep .
                    A new quality paint job won't be cheaper. Not by a long shot.
                    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                    (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                    (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                      Don't worry about venting here. If my 6 was keyed, I'd be doing some serious venting. If there is no panel dent, you could fill it with touch up and color sand with 1500 or 2000. How long is the scratch?
                      Three different places total of about 36" only one small spot thats deep. But still

Comment

Originally posted by SphyNxXx
                        Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                        A new quality paint job won't be cheaper. Not by a long shot.
                        haha you dont know the shops around here trust me ive already been quoted

Comment

Check this out: http://www.langka.com/
                          Also do a search. There are plenty more.

Comment

does that shit actually work? Or that going to be an empty promise like the turbonator. I have a key mark on my passenger door too, if Langka delivers then Ill touch it up.
                            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by 06_G6_GT
                              Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                              Three different places total of about 36" only one small spot thats deep. But still
                              Those are pretty long scratches. You might inquire into a good detailer on fixing the problem.
                              If it didn't go all the way through the clear coat, those will be easy to fix. The one thats through to the primer will need to be filled to match the surrounding pint. Then color sanded carefully to match the adjacent paint.
                              Good luck with your repairs.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X