Nature of Defect:
    1. AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULE
    Recall Number: 07V146000
    Dates Manufactured: JUN 2006 to JUN 2006
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 359
    Date Owners Notified On: APR 2007
    Vehicle: 2007 Pontiac G6

Defect Description:
    CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, 'OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION.' THE RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER SEATS IN THESE VEHICLES ARE BUILT WITH A PASSENGER AIR BAG SENSING SYSTEM. WHEN TESTED WITH A REPRESENTATIVE, UNRESTRAINED SIX YEAR OLD CHILD, THE SYSTEM IS REQUIRED TO TURN OFF THE RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER'S AIRBAG. INTERFERENCE DURING SYSTEM CALIBRATION CAUSED THE SEATS TO BE OUT OF SPECIFICATION.

Consequence of Defect:
    THIS CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO A CHILD SEAT OCCUPANT DURING CERTAIN CRASH CONDITIONS.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL WILL BEGIN ON APRIL 17, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT PONTIAC AT 1-800-620-7668.

------------------------

Didn't see this posted and it's fairly recent, so here it is. Probably won't affect any of us here, but it's good to be thorough.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Re: 04/2007 Recall - G6s made 06/2006 - Passenger Airbag Sensor

I dont have that problem, but i have something similar. If i have a passenger riding with me, it senses they're there and turns the airbag on, but when they get out and i start driving again, the car thinks they are still there and beeps showing they don't have their seatbelt buckled. Then it will randomly turn off later on. Anyone have a problem like this?

Progression Page

Comment

I have had that problem once. It did it for 5 minutes or so after the passenger got out till I got home. Next time I turned the car on it was fine though. I figure just something buggy with the sensor or the way they got out of the seat maybe.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Yeah, i mean its no biggie, i was just wondering if thats happened with anybody elses

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by strikeaholic
          Yeah, i mean its no biggie, i was just wondering if thats happened with anybody elses
          Yeah that happens to me too. I've had the car since february and it's actually happened about 5-10 times which in my opinion is quite a bit!
          <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Working...
          X