X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited availablility of G6 GTP Coupes in Ontario

I was emailing a salesguy back-and-forth, and he mentioned this:

"Being that there are only 10 GTP Coupes and 14 Sedans in Ontario..."

Does this sound accurate? I can't help but question the validity of such a statement in June of 2007, given we are still months away from the 2008 G6s from showing up.
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
    Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
    Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Well, seeing as how gmcanada.com shows that the dealership by my house has 9 GTP coupes in stock, I'd say that the salesguy is full of it.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      Well, seeing as how gmcanada.com shows that the dealership by my house has 9 GTP coupes in stock, I'd say that the salesguy is full of it.
      Which dealership? The one I was speaking to was Addison on Eglinton. I know it's a Chev dealership... but I guess they can check stock of other GM vehicles.
      Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        I would agree with TLS2000 - take a drive by a few GM Pontiac dealers and you will see a few on each lot I am sure... perhaps the salesman thinks if he makes it seem more rare you will bite sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat
          I would agree with TLS2000 - take a drive by a few GM Pontiac dealers and you will see a few on each lot I am sure... perhaps the salesman thinks if he makes it seem more rare you will bite sooner?
          Very possible. Our Vibe lease is up at the end of the year, but I wanted to see what kind of deal I could get prior to then. He may have been trying to influence my decision to buy out my vibe lease early and get into a G6...

good to know... good to know... :smoke:

Comment

I am sure there are more left than that, however if you are looking for a specific colour of specific options then he may be correct. I just bought a 07 G6 convertible and there were only 2 left in Ontario, but I wanted a black one with the black interior, the performance package and XM radio so it was a pretty specific request.
            2007 Black on Black G6 Vert w/ 3.9 VVT

Comment

That sounds like BS to me. I know I live in a totally different area, but dealerships are basically the same. It may SEEM like there's a shortage of GTPs simply because for every 1 that you see on the lot, there's about 50 GTs, since they sell a lot more of those.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
              - DS S3 Intake
              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

He might be correct. GM Canada's website only accounts for cars sitting on the lot, but doesn't care if the car has already been taken or waiting for delivery. Also, the situations in Canada and US are widely different. US gets more rare and higher trim models, simply due to population demand. So you can't just say "there's lots in the dealership down the street from me", and apply it to both Canada and US.

When I bought my car, there really wasn't any in Canada with my original options (basically my car minus the V6). They actually showed me their screen listing all the dealers.
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Isn't Ontario fairly well populated though?

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Well for Canada, but not compared to the states.

Comment

Hmm... I just heard back from another dealer... this one in Waterloo. He claims that there are only 5 G6 GTP coupes left in Ontario

Comment

Ooooh a shortage - and you know they won't make anymore so hurry up and buy....

Actually if you are particular in the colour and items included you want you might want to check around - I have not actually looked at the styles and colours available since I have got mine in December - due to the fact that I am not looking anymore

good luck

Comment

dude its the summer that is when people are buying cars like this. They are going to continue to go very quickly until the 08s come out.
                          2007 Black on Black G6 Vert w/ 3.9 VVT

Comment

Quick, buy a 3.6L before they UGLIFY it!!!

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Laurie Williamson has them.

Calvin (ToniCipriani) is probably right though. There may be only 5 left in Ontario with the options that you've specified.

That said, I highly doubt that the dealership near me has 9 in stock with all of them accounted for.

Addison on Eglinton used to be Royal Pontiac if you didn't know.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X