Need help on a muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on a muffler

I'm looking to replace my stock muffler with a single outlet to a dual outlet system. I've only been to one shop and all they could do is shrug their shoulders and tell me nothing is out yet. I want something deeper but not wake the neighbors up. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

There is a resonator up front and a muffler in the back...or vice versa.
    No one has really been able to tell me and as soon as someone does someone with equal credentials says the opposite but anyway, you have a 2-1/4" pipe. So Magnaflow makes a 2-1/4" muffler. Cut out the front
    one and splice one of those in then just remove that back pieceof ##$%^ and Y it past the axel. If you want true dual exhaust it will hang down as there is no room. Have you looked under these things? It looks like the exhaust was an afterthought by the engineers. I have already bought the GTP dual exhaust back valance and installed it. There is no 2-1/4" cross flow muffler out there that you can just replace whats back there with. This trans-mounted muffler system has no aftermarket replacement. Thats why the muffler shops scratch their heads. Im just saving up to do mine. I should have enough by next month. I have my Magnaflow tips already....
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Just for the record guys. The factory exhaust gets choked down to 2" at the muffler. So basically even though the majority of the pipe is 2 1/4" the exhaust is really 2". If at any point the exhaust narrows, what ever it narrows to is what you really have.

Another important factor. Not only does stainless pipes last longer. The properties of stainless allows for much fewer deposites from forming on the inside of the pipe. If you look at a used steel or aluminized exhaust, you'll find that the inner diameter has shrunk a bit due to carbon buildup. this is minimized by using high quality stainless.

Comment

thanks for your replies. I'm still doing some ongoing research. I'm kind of new to this but isn't there a muffler that goes on right before the tip?
        2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

no...and there is no room to put one on there either. It is transmounted (sideways). Look under your car.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
          X