PC pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC pads

Well I think I'm taking the plunge and picking a porter cable 7424 tomorrow...is the pad that comes with it any good? Or should I look into getting different pads or bonnets?

Stock pad is junk, toss it or use it for practice on your wheels or something.

My main pads are Sonus SFX, or the cheaper dual action pads are also very good. Are you buying it locally? You can't get any good pads here, so I'm going to be a little bias and recommend ordering those through Autopia.

The Meguiars softbuff pads though are also very good, and are very common for that reason... but I prefer using a stiffer pad so I use the SFX ones. If you are ordering your PC then I would buy it from a place like Autopia and then buy one of their kits and then you get pads with it for a pretty sweet deal.

Comment

My wife got my PC off of Amazon. The prices were good. Get the weight for the 6" pads too. It helps the random orbit I guess.
      I used the stock PC pad to apply wax to my wifes Escape.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Another good use for the stock pad is putting a bonnet over it, and then using it to buff off your wax. But really once you get a backing plate and good pads that becomes rather pointless, so yeah...

Comment

I was pretty specific about getting the backing plate and the weight. My wife really listens to me! Cause I got those too. Man does that backing plate hold onto those pads! You need a gorilla to pull those things off.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Ive been using some pads that I bought through the Wolfgang lineup. They are ok, but Ive had problems with them wearing out easily. I had one of them actually come unvelcroed from the backing plate while in use!
            2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
            (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
            (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Went with a package deal from Autopia, that comes wtih a backing plate and Sonus dual action pads....even with shipping and exchange worked out to be hell of a lot cheaper than buying one at the local Canadian Tire.

Comment

Awesome choice

Comment

Is this the one? http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

was thinking of getting one too
                  '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

I think he got this one, since he said the dual pads.

Thank you for choosing Autopia Car Care for all your auto detailing needs. Autopia Car Care is home to the best car wax, car polishes, and detailing supplies available

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html
                      You cannot go wrong on that deal! If you are serious about keeping your paint in top condition, this is a deal for you. :smoke:
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html
                        Yup, that's the one.

Of course, AFTER I ordered it I got a couple codes in the email for 15% off

Comment

Yeah I forgot to mention you can use 'Autopia' for a code everytime you buy something... and then there was the free sonus sample coupon code as well.

Comment

Re: PC pads

Looks like the discontinued the above kit, was wondering if this kit was as good. Noticed it comes with some ultima pgp
                            http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-8000.html
                            '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

Re: PC pads

That machine is basically a tweaked PC 7424 with more power, I have one and it works great so either one will be fine. They are a little heavier but I like the added torque it provides for quicker defect removal. I would probably buy the sfx kit and then buy the 360 ultima kit if you want to try that instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X