So I changed out my ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I changed out my ..

Map lights and my other light .. the dome light I guess?? Well, the package of lights that I got came with a set of 4. (I knew one of 'em would go to waste but was cheaper to get 'em that way.) Anyways the map lights fit in like a charm .. The dome lights on the other hand .. umm, it was different. Right now the new one is just sorta sittin between the .. 2 pieces of metal .. (god I suck at this .. lol) .. and Im afraid with tha hit of one good bump, it'd fall outta place.

Anyone know what Im talkin about? The one that came with the car sorta "slid" into place, where as this one, is just sorta .. sittin there. Can I get a red one made like the stock dome light??

so you bought a package of colored bulbs? I'm not quite sure what you are trying to explain.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks to LoJac, I know what to ask.
      What color?
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

lol .. sorry yall, I'll take a picture of what Im talkin about on my way to work.

The new ones that I got are red.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEyez
          lol .. sorry yall, I'll take a picture of what Im talkin about on my way to work.

The new ones that I got are red.
          I hope you meant before you leave for work or when you get to work.....I imagine taking pictures on the way could be a bit hazardous

Originally posted by colinpeddle
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
          That here, by G6er law, we lie
          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I have the festoon style bulb in my dome light like I'm guessing you have, and yes, it does just sit in between the contacts. I bent the contacts inwards a bit for a snug fit and haven't had a problem since. You could solder them on I guess.

Comment

^ Im guessing you've got what I've got ...

(pardon my art skills here, or lack of rather ~ lol)

^ stock bulb. The new bulb doesnt actually slide into the contacts. The ends of the bulb are just sorta rounded off so it just sits between them without latching onto anything.

I did do my best to bend the contacts inwards as NoRulez said, Im just not sure how well its gonna stay. ... Hopefully tho I'll have the luck you've had and not have any problems with it. I was just curious if there was a red one thats made like the stock bulb is made. ... For a more snug fit ~ lol.

Comment

yeah that's the stock bulb, funny thing is my 1977 camaro had the same dome light bulb
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The sad thing is the 77's dome light was probably push-on, while ours aren't...

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

nope, EXACTLY the same bulb just held in by a couple of metal tabs. Not to mention they are a pain in the ass to get out without burning a hole through your hand.

Comment

Ok where did you get the lights. I have yet to find a red dome light.Have red map lights and the wonderful factory in the dome. Festoon style bulb. Dam GM for using this retarted bulb. What year is this car ? And GM wonders why nobody buys there cars
                      2006 BLK GTP COUPE,DE BADGED,MASK,RED CALIPERS,GRILL INSERTS, REAR SPOILER( now the new hammerhead)

Comment

Mine is an '06.

I got mine at Pep Boys ... they arent led's ... but for now they work fine. They have a package with like ... 4 blubs in it ~ one you'll end up trashin, but no biggie. Like I mentioned ^ up there somewhere ... The dome light is different, but it fits and I havent had any problems with it since I've changed it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X