Strut bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut bar?

Im a newbie here, but not to "forums" in general. So, i know about the search feature and it seems every combo of words ive tried didnt pull anything up. Im curious if anyone makes a strut/swaybar for the G6? I havent found one searching the internet. If so please let me know?!?

RSM Racing has one for like $300USD. GM has one for the Malibu SS that should fit our cars. I chickened out on getting one at the last minute, because it's possible that we have something in the engine bay that gets in the way of it. Anyway, the GM one was listed at $257CAD for me when I looked.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Hmmm thats a little pricey, being you can get them for other cars off ebay for about $35.00. Even if its a backyard brand. Im a CNC machinist, and just bought my G6. And after looking through the aftermarket inventory for this car, LOOKS like ill be building some stuff myself. Ill let everyone know what i come up with and what it costs to build, And then sell them at the price i paid to make them.... Ill update later!

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        RSM Racing has one for like $300USD. GM has one for the Malibu SS that should fit our cars. I chickened out on getting one at the last minute, because it's possible that we have something in the engine bay that gets in the way of it. Anyway, the GM one was listed at $257CAD for me when I looked.
        Did you actually check if it would fit or not? Did you get the part number for the Malibu SS strut bar?
        -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

Wrong section.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by livinlrge
            Hmmm thats a little pricey, being you can get them for other cars off ebay for about $35.00. Even if its a backyard brand. Im a CNC machinist, and just bought my G6. And after looking through the aftermarket inventory for this car, LOOKS like ill be building some stuff myself. Ill let everyone know what i come up with and what it costs to build, And then sell them at the price i paid to make them.... Ill update later!
            I have to say, this guy might be our new best friend!!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

DEF!!!!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

So weird... I bought the GM strut bar (front) for my GP and it was like 120 shipped. I did have to buy mounts from another shop but they were cheap.
                GNNR

Comment

If anyone has any ideas of what they would want the strut bar made of let me know. I can get ahold of alot of different materials. I.E..... Alum., steel, Stainless, all the way up to Titanium, Although cost might be an issue with those. Let me know and we can go from there, I believe most are made of a high strength allum. but not to sure.

Comment

Yeah from what I know thats what they are made of, I personally don't need anything fancy.. I would just like something period in there for it!!

Comment

something functional that looks good and is paintable.

Comment

I would go with steel.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Would carbon fiber be doable or maybe metal wrapped in carbon fiber?
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'd take pretty much anything that wasnt an arm and a leg haha!

Comment

^^true that

Comment

Working...
                              X