for my birthday in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for my birthday in July

you know the big scratch problem i had, well it turned out alright (almost normal looking) after everything is said and done but my fiance still wasnt satisfied with the out come.....sooo.....for my birthday this year, he is wanting to take my car and get the whole thing repainted to remove all sctraches, and pings, and dings, get rid of the orange peel, and the screw up on my door where the guy who tried to replaced my window beat bits of my door outward (not that noticeable until pointed out).....NOW the things is, money is no option right now but i dont want to go buck wild until i get all aftermarket exterior pieces put on (hood, lip kit, wing) now my question is this, should i stay the stock black, go a different color black, or what? im pretty much wanting to stay black since my headlights are black and such and because there are so many different blacks out there, i wanted to get everyones opinion. while there i might get them to install my wing, and even though my mirrors are black, just get them keyed up. just want everyones opinion! thanks.

I'd say stay black but go with metallic black-now that would be some hot shit!!!

That is one thing I've always hated about GM, their lack of metallic paints. The majority of reds, blacks, and whites have just been a gloss color, those colors in metallic would look so good!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
      I'd say stay black but go with metallic black-now that would be some hot shit!!!

That is one thing I've always hated about GM, their lack of metallic paints. The majority of reds, blacks, and whites have just been a gloss color, those colors in metallic would look so good!

I was gonna say the same thing.
      2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

^^ -- Yep, excellent suggestion!
        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

FYI, the G6 is getting a carbon black metallic for 2008. Might want to check it out, see if you like it. Any body shop can get it with the right paint code.

And a cranberry metallic, for those red fans among us.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

ooooo nice choice so far heh. funny thing is though, i was going to do metalic black as ONE of my colors on my final exterior paint scheme at least we all think the same black is sexay

Comment

Go with black and get a Blue metal flake in it. I think it would look fuckin tits. However, if you are going this route, get the hood first as matching the flake can get tricky. This is what I wanted to do on my old car.

Comment

well im not going for any blue on my car, my colors im going to be using in the long run are black, silver, and red.... but still good thought

Comment

I sense someone is going for a GXP.R paint job

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

lmao no no not at all. i actually have had the scheme in my head since the day i bought the car (sad i know)

Comment

Nah, sounds good. Can't really go wrong with those colors. At least you didn't say purple and green like some Mustangs I've seen

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

I say stay with black, but do a pearl clear over that.
                        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

my friend has a stock wrx sti and its black with gold metal flakes. so hot for a stock paint job. not shure if it would look good on the 6 though. pretty wild looking when the sun hits it.
                          ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

im really not so into the whole flake thing. granted it looks good on some cars, but other cars it just makes them look like a bass boat lol. but i personally am not to fond of a flake on my vehicle.

i guess so far everyone says stay black, which i have pretty much intended to just wanted to get some other inputs, beside the metalic black, which will be done years down the road lol, what black should i go with since everyone has a different hue. shuld i stay stock black or go for another black?

Comment

Stock black, without the orange peel.

Comment

Working...
                              X