DIC MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIC MPG

Is it just me, or is this thing pretty inaccurate? I've been consistently getting ~368 miles to a tank in the city, but the DIC has shown my MPG as being anywhere from the high 20's to mid 23. I almost never take it on the highway, but today I did when I drove back home (110 miles). The weird thing about the highway mileage was that it never made it over 26.7 MPG. Is anybody else's off this much? I think I may switch the filter with a K&N drop in to see if that does anything.

well it calculates the mpg in real time depending on how fast you're going and how much of a distance you're covering.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yea, I know how it does it because my Grand Prix had the same deal. However, the GP's were notorious for being incorrect because simply pushing the pedal down a little too much would drop half a gallon of fuel efficiency; but, they also had a meter to tell you how many gallons you had used, so you could just calculate it that way. Since the DIC on my G6 seems to operate the same way on the MPG, I'm starting to think it's just as inaccurate.

Comment

It’s definitely not the most accurate thing, especially the distance remaining. It’s just and average of fuel economy.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Re: DIC MPG

Originally posted by injendsm
          Is it just me, or is this thing pretty inaccurate? I've been consistently getting ~368 miles to a tank in the city, but the DIC has shown my MPG as being anywhere from the high 20's to mid 23. I almost never take it on the highway, but today I did when I drove back home (110 miles). The weird thing about the highway mileage was that it never made it over 26.7 MPG. Is anybody else's off this much? I think I may switch the filter with a K&N drop in to see if that does anything.
          carefull wit the k&N DROP IN, the oil usually comes off of them, and contaminates the sensors, i had da problem wit my truck
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          They cleaned my thing out
          g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
          2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Re: DIC MPG

Originally posted by keith87
            Originally posted by injendsm
            carefull wit the k&N DROP IN, the oil usually comes off of them, and contaminates the sensors, i had da problem wit my truck
            Thanks for the tip. Are there any other filters that could fit on the 2.4L that would allow me to avoid this potential hazard?

Comment

Amsoil has one for the G6 but unsure if they have one for the 2.4, they would be better than the K&N but you'll pay more.

Comment

or... Just don't over oil the filter. I've been running K&N in my cars for years and I've yet to have an issue. Its a good idea to clean off you MAF with a Q-tip every time you clean you filter.
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                  or... Just don't over oil the filter. I've been running K&N in my cars for years and I've yet to have an issue. Its a good idea to clean off you MAF with a Q-tip every time you clean you filter.
                  ah, i didnd over oil my filter, it wuz how it came
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  They cleaned my thing out
                  g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                  2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

As I said never had and issue
                    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

no issues here either...
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I have driven a lot of cars in my life and I haven't found one that is accurate by any manufacturer.

Comment

Mine isn't too bad, the distance remaining is accurate for me so that isn't too bad. Although the last 100 drops like a rock but it still ends up being pretty spot on, and economy thing is just more real time. I wish there was a city/highway button or something though that you could switch.

Comment

mine constantly says around 24-25mpg.

when i get gas though, say 13 gallons, and divide the number of miles driven by 13, i get a lower number than what the DIC says for mpg.

am i doing this wrong or something? the mpg is an average over from the time its reset to the time you take the reading right?

its ALWAYS high at least 2mi
                            -Lucy-
                            2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                            3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                            sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Miine's not too far off, it's not perfect but generally it's close.

Comment

Working...
                              X