steering wheel on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering wheel on ebay

i was gonna attach this to other steering wheel posts but they are just too long. Soo here is the question...

there is a 3-spoke leather wrapped with radio controls steering wheel on ebay currently. My 6er has a 3-spoke non leather wrapped and no radio controls wheel already. How hard would it be to swap the wheels and add radio controls to an after market radio by myself?

Or do i have to buy the wheel and take it to the dealer for them to install it because of the airbag?
    thanx in advance.....

Radio controls on aftermarket radio? it isn't just going to plug and play. most aftermarket radios don't work with wheel controls. the few that do, require adapters.

i think.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

No one has successfully done it with an aftermarket radio.
      Will your radio support that feature?

The airbags are easy to get off. But kill the power, etc. render them safe.

Another option is to get the wheel for the leather then change over your non controls to it.
      That way you have a useable upgrade....?
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

yep, Lampoon thats what i was thinking

as for my radio...according tot he manual it supports steering wheel controls with a adapter

Comment

How much is it on eBay?

I cant remember what I paid for my 4 spoke leather....

Alzheimers setting in

I think it was bout $75

MODS:

Comment

Yeah the radio wont happen

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
            Originally posted by [i
            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

kind of off topic but how hard would it be to switch from a 4 spoke wheel with only cruise controls to a 3 spoke wil criuse and radio, on a stock radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockwood
                kind of off topic but how hard would it be to switch from a 4 spoke wheel with only cruise controls to a 3 spoke wil criuse and radio, on a stock radio?
                Its been done. Do a search.
                Its expensive though cause you need another airbag.

I dont recall all the controls working. Was it Draper and Darcal who did it?
                I cant remember. Go look and tell me.

MODS:

Comment

^not to mention is was a shitload of heartache and work for them to get it figured out. I'd love to have radio controls on mine but for all that hassle......forget it!
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Im doing it to mine. Its a slow process and outlined in the other
                    steering wheel folder but Im staying with the 4 spoke cause I
                    think its hot man...hot!

If it wasnt cats and dogs raining outside I would finish it now.

MODS:

Comment

^what is your estimated cost to get the radio controls in your existing wheel?
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^mine?
                        Nothing as I already bought my wheel.

The steering wheel controls are just a resistor network. Each switch has a different resistance value. When a switch is pressed it has a specific voltage value that allows the radio to identify which switch was pressed.

Same as the buttons on the radio. When the radio is on it supplies 10 volts to the switches and 10 to the reference circuit. A specific drop
                        tells the radio what to do.

If the wiring is there it will work.

Im still not sure its there. I believe it is though.
                        I think the XM/onstar package had the upgraded wiring in the steering console. I need to take off the top column close-out panel and look at the downwires from the column harness to be sure.

OR...I could just plug in my altered new wheel and see if it works.

It worked fine for Joey (disposablehero).

Jayco59 is the only guy I know who didnt have the wiring and he ran it himself!!!

Thats beyond me and I know a dealership would charge you $2,000 to do it.

Here is some reading material:

MODS:

Comment

yeah I've read all about it, way back when all the radio control stuff was a big hit. I'd love to put them in mine but with my luck the damned wires won't be there.

Comment

Working...
                          X