Bug splats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug splats

What's best way to get bug splats off the front of the car, short of washing the whole car? Would something like Meguiar's Quick Detailer take the bugs off?

Get some "Bug N Tar" from auto Zone. That works better than anything. its quick too.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

i use meguiar's quick detail for alot of stuff, including bug guts and works well for me.
      '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

Quick detailer works great but if they are really dried on then it won't really do much, get some NXT glass cleaner yes glass cleaner it works great just spray it on and it dissolves then and you can easily wipe them away. Or you could use a wet dryer sheet and follow with a quick detailer/boost wax. Megs bug and tar remover also works good but doesn't work quick enough for me.

Gee it would be nice if we had an appropriate sub-forum for this....

Comment

pressure washer
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Bug splats

Originally posted by jnak
            What's best way to get bug splats off the front of the car, short of washing the whole car? Would something like Meguiar's Quick Detailer take the bugs off?
            pay someone to do it
            -Lucy-
            2006 Silver Gt Coupe
            3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
            sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Then you learn nothing.

Comment

Turtle wax clay bar the liquid works amaging just do the front bumper
                2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

I have something I haven't tried yet. Ive read off the net that WD-40 will get bugs off the front of the car. I'm going to try it when I get my next day off. If anybody tries it before me let me know if it works. You don't want to pressure-wash the bugs off. Sometimes the pressure will not only take the bugs off, it will take the paint off with the bugs. I had a black Montero sport and it did it to it. I saw little white dots where the bugs use to be.
                  "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

I know its bad but I wax my front bumper so much I just take and spray it down with armoral window cleaner and wipe off the front bumer that way and head lights.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

That's a good idea too. I think i have 3 coats of wax on my car at this time...
                      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

But armor all.... why would you do that??

I just take a wet microfiber and they come right off, thanks to my polycharged wax though shit I love that stuff.

Comment

Easiest way: Head to your dealer at night, find a G6 in your color, and swap the front bumper!

I'm sure there's some way to wrench these hoods open

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                          - DS S3 Intake
                          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                            Easiest way: Head to your dealer at night, find a G6 in your color, and swap the front bumper!

I'm sure there's some way to wrench these hoods open
                            that's the "easiest" way?

I just have to find one with the recessed grilles, kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks for the advice all.

Comment

Hey, anyone who tells you bug splats just "wipe off" is a LIAR!!!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                              - DS S3 Intake
                              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                              X