Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window Tinting in Waterloo (was: Anyone from Waterloo here?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting in Waterloo (was: Anyone from Waterloo here?)

Looking for answers to the best dealer (and salesperson) to buy from. Also, looking to find out where to get tinting etc.. done.

tia!
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
    Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
    Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

I'm in Waterloo, but I'm actually from Toronto. :P

Dealer-wise, I think there's only one Pontiac in the Waterloo area: Forbes. I went there back with my Cavalier to get an oil change, and they treated me like an ass and tried to cap money out of me. Service-wise, I recommend Schlueter Chevy better. There's also Steve Scherer P-B-G, but it's in Kitchener. I've haven't dealt with this dealer before. My car was purchased in Toronto, so if you're buying from them, you'd have to look.

Tinting, I'm looking into that myself. So far, Go Glass (King and Columbia) wants 279 + tax from me, so screw that. Even Apple Auto Glass (Weber) didn't want that much (225 + tax). Things seems to be more pricier in general, so just shop around, you might find something.

BTW, Welcome!
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Thanks TC!

Yeah, I've noticed that Forbes is the Pontiac dealership in Waterloo. We used to live in Mississauga, and did all of our car deals at Royal Pontiac (Eglinton/Dixie I think). They've since been "redone" and are now an Addison Chev dealer.

The sales guy I worked with before still works there... Tim Swift. Good guy. Gave him a call a couple of months ago, just wanting to get back in touch. He said that despite that the dealership is chevy now, he could still get me a G6... We'll have to see.

Tinting.. I'm wondering if I can get a good deal if I get it tinted by a dealership pre-sale. Maybe get it included in the cost with a bit of haggling
      Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good place to get tinting done in KW?

Comment

I did mine at A1 Car Cleaning on Regina and University. 220 for everything. So far no problems.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
            I did mine at A1 Car Cleaning on Regina and University. 220 for everything. So far no problems.
            Do they offer a liftetime or limited-time warranty?

How dark did you go? Do you wish you went darker? Lighter?

Comment

Lifetime, minus typical defects (like if you scratch it). They use Llumar film.

I went 35% all round, since I just wanted to block the sun and wasn't going for privacy or looks. It's the lightest tint I could go for.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Thanks for the info Toni...

I've heard that Thornhill Tints is quite good.. have you heard of them?

Comment

I don't know much. I just did my tint at A1 and got it over with. It was the cheapest in the area. Go Glass wanted 279+tax, Apple Auto Glass wanted 225+tax.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Hey TC... keep your eye out for me... just got my 07 GTP Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                    X