E2helper or possibly others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2helper or possibly others

I have the base V6, what Im wondering is about the automatic windows. How does that work as in is it a switch on the window regulator, the switch on the door or what haha. I was wondering if I could buy an automatic window switch and put it on my other windows to have the one click down option (from the drivers door) since they only put it on the drivers window which is stupid IMO. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

I have always thought about doing that exact thing for mine. The two possible ways I see it is, it's all in the switch (just have to buy a switch with the auto feature), OR there may be a third wire from the regulator to the switch for when you hit the auto. I'm not 100% sure though and I could be 100% wrong
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Interesting idea, I'd love to be able to drop all 4 windows with one click

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
      - DS S3 Intake
      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

There's usually a module that controls that. It would not be too difficult to do. And you sould be able to get the module from your local dealer.

Comment

I would think there must be. On the Convertible when we press the button to lower the roof all the windows go down at the same time and when we are putting the roof back up - once the roof is up we can hold the button for a few more seconds and all the windows go up at the same time. It would be nice to have that option at the press of a button - and I don't mean the roof up or down button.

Comment

The sedan has a simple window lift motor. The "smarts" that give you express down feature are in the driver window switch. Of course that switch is a lot bigger than the ones in other doors.

On the coupe (edit) thx and convertible there is a different type of motor....a "smart motor". It does both the indexing feature that drops glass when you open door but also on convertible it performs the all windows down and all windows up function when opening and closing convertible top. The convertible top module actually sends a signal to all 4 window motors to tell them to perform the function but it is the smart motor itself that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
              On the sedan and convertible there is a different type of motor....a "smart motor". It does both the indexing feature that drops glass when you open door but also on convertible it performs the all windows down and all windows up function when opening and closing convertible top. The convertible top module actually sends a signal to all 4 window motors to tell them to perform the function but it is the smart motor itself that does it.
              he meant to say, On the coupe and convertible. Just so no one gets confused as to what's going on.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

That 4 switch is also one whole unit.
                You thinking about buying 3 more of the 4 packs
                and taking that apart to remove the one switch that
                has the extra snap to express down the windows, then adding it to the other doors?
                I know you have a sedan so the indexing is not an issue.

That might be quite pricey for 3 more 4 packs to get that one switch.

I have an extra switch. I will look at it and see how plausible it is to dissssassssssemble.

edit:
                I think I read that wrong now....you want one switch to drop all four windows or having all fours switches have that express down feature?
                I bet the latter is doable.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

No you had it right, and I wasnt so much worried about the rear windows as more the front two. I dont know why they wouldnt make the sedan (at least the front) auto down. Ive seen ALOT of other cars with that feature but yet GM the best automaker in all the world **insert sarcasim button** can't seem to do this to their cars

Well is it possible E2helper to get a new switch (even if its 4) and dissassemble it to get the automatic switch that would be on the drivers door to be on the passenger??

Comment

So you want the auto down switch on the pass door or added to the
                    four on the drivers arm rest cluster?

I forgot to look at my spare switch yesterday to see if you
                    can remove the auto switch.

I wont forget to look this afternoon.
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yes I wan to take the spare cluster, take apart the switch for the drivers side auto down window and modify or whaever... and make my passenger side stock cluster an auto down window!

Comment

I don't think it would be very easy to do.

Only the G6 coupe has the capability for express down on the front passenger window (and then only from driver switch). This is because they had to create a new switch for this application and so got the most out of the window motors in the 2 doors which have ability to do express down function.

Comment

If he had to, he could buy an aftermarket module that would do the same thing. Ebay is full of vendors that sell em.

Comment

I have them!!!

Steal a couple of coupe switches and rig something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stub
                              I have them!!!

Steal a couple of coupe switches and rig something up.
                              As per E2helper's post above, the coupe switches do not control the auto down, it's the motors.

Comment

Working...
                              X