XM satellite radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM satellite radio

I seem to have an issue with my satellite radio. Occasionally one set of my presets will get replaced by my other set. What I mean is, I will lose all my XM1 presets, and they will be replaced by the XM2 presets, so then XM1 and XM2 have all the same presets. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

yeh this is a problem with the radio, i dotn know if it was this forum but i read about that before i got my car...it took mine a week to do this the first time and then a second was faster...i just dont bother, maybe they will recall to fix it

Comment

The same thing happened to me this morning.

When I was sitting at a long light, I switched over to XM2 and set it with all the sports/news stations I listen to.

When I swiitched back to XM1, they were replaced with what I thought were XM2 presets. So I put XM1 back to where they were, switched to XM2, and again the sports/news were replaced.

When I used to switch between the two, it would change channels to whatever channel I was on prior to switching. Now it acts like XM1 and XM2 are identical.

Not a huge enough deal to go to the dealer...so i'll start a list.

Comment

It's happend to me a few times... the first few times I went and reset all my channels, but I discovered that if you just leave it alone (just use the tuning dial), it will usually fix itself the next time you start the car... it hasn't done it to me in a while.
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Update:

It fixed itself this morning.

Comment

It isn't going to fix itself. You will need to take vehicle to dealer and have them replace the XM receiver. Tell dealer to look for #PIC4117 in their system if they are unfamiliar with your complaint. As far as I know this only affects the 2006 model year.

I think it mainly will happen after you remote start vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
              It isn't going to fix itself. You will need to take vehicle to dealer and have them replace the XM receiver. Tell dealer to look for #PIC4117 in their system if they are unfamiliar with your complaint. As far as I know this only affects the 2006 model year.

I think it mainly will happen after you remote start vehicle
              Thanks for the complaint #...This will eliminate the "can't reproduce problem" nonsense the stealership loves to hand out.

Comment

New XM receiver

Yes, this also happened to me almost immediately. I had a couple of other minor issues I took the car in for so I mentioned it and they said they have to order a new receiver, that it is a known issue. I'm waiting for mine to come in so I can take the car back in.
                '06 G6 GTP Convertible (Black)

Comment

This happened to me yesterday! Freaked the crap out of me. So glad I found this forum, you guys(& gals) have been SO helpful! Thanks
                  Brian-
                  Membership has it's privileges

SSSS Member #10 since 2007

Comment

Working...
                  X