Stabilitrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilitrak

Anyone else get to experience Stabilitrak on their cars? I was going around a bend in the snow last week and the rear end started to lose it. The car braked itself and regained control.

Being the adventurous person that I am, I of course went around a few other bends faster than I should just to feel the stabilitrak in action.

AFAIK, this only applies to GTP's. Others need not apply.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

you better believe it. i love it when it snows. i drove home in an ice storm and the roads were complete sheets of ice. i passed SUVs that couldnt even stay on the road. i was very impressed with the stabilitrak and traction control on this car.
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Re: Stabilitrak

Originally posted by TLS2000
      AFAIK, this only applies to GTP's. Others need not apply.
      Aw harsh
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

haha, chalk one up for the gtp owners

Comment

lucky if we get rain in AZ so I'm not missing out on much, woot-saved me money

tally one for GT's
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Haven't really tested it like that yet. I know a couple times when it was really cold I would get the message "STABIL NOT READY" on my DIC...
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
              lucky if we get rain in AZ so I'm not missing out on much, woot-saved me money

tally one for GT's
              yeh but when a miracle comes out that way and puts the snow down, you can give that one back

Comment

Our caddy has stabilitrak, and I hate it. It won't let me play in the snow

Comment

Hmmm.. I wonder if you can disable it by turning off the TCS. I'll have to wait until it snows to try it out.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

If you push and hold the t/c button for 5 to 10 seconds it will disable the Traction control and the stabilitrack systems. Just press and hold until you see the light come on the cluster indicating its off.
                    06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

It's a great feature on my GP. And apparently it will be a 480 dollar option on GTs for 07 so don't feel so exclusive.
                      GNNR

Comment

Until it is an option on the 07's, I'll feel exclusive.

sigpic

Comment

Lets kill the GTP Vs. GT shit.

Anways I have yet to feel it, my car his not yet been driven in snow.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

good call pk2000, i was unaware that you could turn off both by holding it down
                            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

wow people getting all fired up about the gtp vs gt stuff

lets gooooo gtp

Comment

Working...
                              X