OnStar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnStar

So I never knew you can mate your Verizon account to OnStar until my girl bought her Aura with it. I didn't get the OnStar in the 6 because at the time I could have sworn I never heard anything about it.

On to the question......

I'm curious what all it would take other than the rear view and the antennae to get the OnStar in my 6. Or if anyone has had interest in this and has gone to the dealer how much did they quote for getting it in?
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

I have it....bumped my head on it taking my console out and heard her say "Onstar Emergency" and the Onstar phone rang.

you know the stereo speakers are the Onstar speakers and you adjust the volumn on your radio. Mic is in your map light housing.

There are allot of parts to this thing. I will pull out my books and see what I can post up for ya.

Off the top of my head I would say it is way to intrusive and expensive to add. Just get it next go around.

I will look for ya though.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yea, I'm not sure it can be added on after-the-fact.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
      - DS S3 Intake
      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Thanks for looking! Hopefully I can get a dealer install or do it myself.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          Thanks for looking! Hopefully I can get a dealer install or do it myself.
          sorry to burst ur bubble but the answer is no. it has to be a factory installed item. i asked all ready. cant install it afterwards cuz it connects to all ur sensors i.e. ABS airbags, PCM and some other things. u can have on-star e-mail u a monthly diagnostics report of ur car/truck

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

ehhhh get an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth and then you'll have handsfree haha
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I recently activated my onstar.
              to link your VZ wireless, you have to get the fanily plan and have a separate number designated specifically to your car.
              I think it is worth it because I drive alot of back country roads late at night, and the ability to have someone call ems emmediately is appealing to me, but the wireless plan,. I don't think is worth the money unless you drive for a living, If you want handsfree, I would definately agree with Simplyred, and get a new head unit.

Comment

as has been said, onstar CANNOT be added outside the factory.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

what a bunch of bullshit, welp I guess I'll just roll with my bluetooth then

Comment

Working...
                  X