Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing 3rd brake light ? (coupes)

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a how-to on removing the 3rd brake light from the back window ... I'm going to get my windows tinted and I want that piece tinted as well ... any ideas ?
    sigpic

^ x2 about removing the light. I have a brake light on my spoiler so the one inside isn't really neeed.

FYI ... when I had my rear window tinted they got the tint inside the brake light by just sliding it down the window. Looks good.
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

just make sure its profesional... are they diping it in tint or using that tint paper shit???
      !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
      FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
      SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
      14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
        just make sure its profesional... are they diping it in tint or using that tint paper shit???
        Err, everyone uses that "tint paper shit"...

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

unless they are taking the windows out of the car...im going with the paper crap too

dip it in tint

Comment

I'm not sure how they got mine tinted but they did my whole rear window and it makes the third brake light look reallyl good at night.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^Mine too. My old boss got a blue G6 coupe and they cut out around the brake light. It looks really gay.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Mine got tinted too, I didn't even think to ask them about it but they just went and did it.

Comment

They musta stole mine when they tintied it cause its missing!!

dipped tint windows.... oh man....my ribbs hurt!!
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I heard a good shop and lay the tint down on the entire window without removing anything. I think a couple people on here had that done.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Cool ... well I looked at it today and there does appear to be a gap between the window and the light ... hopefully they can get it done will
                      sigpic

Comment

well just make sure to ask them when you take the car in to do the third brake light also-it's not an impossible thing.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Okay ... we settled the tint question. But does anyone how to remove the rear window brake light on the coupes?
                          (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

I don't think you can easily remove it. It's attached to the rear shelf, I think it was riveted or glued on. So if you want to access it, you have to remove the rear shelf, but it you want it completely out of your car I'm not sure how you would do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X