Will this fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this fit?

I need to put a new engine in my g6 as it seized and warrenty won't cover it. Anyway, the engine that is in there now is a 3.5L. There is an engine on ebay but is a 3.9L out of a GTP. Will it fit perfectly into my car?
    2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Deleted because others know more than I do

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

If you get the 3900, you will need to replace your transmission. You will also need to get the ECU and TCU out of the car that the 3900 came out of.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        If you get the 3900, you will need to replace your transmission.
        For fitting reasons, or just torque concerns?

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Torque for sure. I'm not sure if the bellhousing is the same.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

i dont think the bell housings are the same so youd need a tranny too

so howd you seize it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

hmm I know there used to be a guy selling 3500's on ebay with only a few miles on them (2 or 3) but I haven't seen him on there for a while now.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Replace it with another 3500. It will take a lot less effort and cost.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Why stop at 3.9L? Cram an 8.1L Vortec in there!

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G6-MALIB ... QQtcZphoto
                    2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                      If you get the 3900, you will need to replace your transmission. You will also need to get the ECU and TCU out of the car that the 3900 came out of.
                      Also, are the motor mounts the same for 3.5 and 3.9?
                      Originally posted by colinpeddle
                      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                      That here, by G6er law, we lie
                      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

What about a LZ4 3.5L, any ideas on that?

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

if it wasnt too much, this would def. be the right time for an upgrade.

youd probably thank yourself later, again if its not too much. which it probably will be cause of the weak tranny that comes stock with the 3.5L
                          -Lucy-
                          2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                          3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                          sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

The 3900 would drop in perfectly, and if its like most E bay engine auctions it'll come with the ECU and the harness. The only issue I see is the tranny. You can mate the 4T45E you have in there now to the 3900 however it won’t last very long. I would highly recommend if you going to do that get the engine tranny combo 3900 and 4T65E. You shouldn't have many issues with that swap.
                            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                              The 3900 would drop in perfectly, and if its like most E bay engine auctions it'll come with the ECU and the harness. The only issue I see is the tranny. You can mate the 4T45E you have in there now to the 3900 however it won’t last very long. I would highly recommend if you going to do that get the engine tranny combo 3900 and 4T65E. You shouldn't have many issues with that swap.
                              ..and hell, if you go that route, you might as well get an F40.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X