Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Anything.....let me know

To anyone interested,
    I am in the business of prototype maufactiring(primarly automotive, GM and Ford are my biggest customers). We specialize in CNC machining, SLA, SLS(two types of "one-of" plastic forming).

If anyone has ideas of custom parts they would like made, please feel free let me know.The only catch is that you would have to design it(and obviously pay for it as well).

This could include but not be limited to; custom badging, custom shift knobs, brushed aluninum door sills, one-off wheels etc etc. Basically, if you can design it, we can make it(in any material- plastic, aluminum, titanium, carbon fibre)

Anyway....thought I'd mention it. If your interested, let me know, and I'll get you contact info privately
    Note: I don't want to seem like I'm advertising, I would just like to provide the means to anyone looking for custom, one-off parts.

Hmmm... if I had any CAD skills I have one in mind that would sell to Coupe owners pretty well I think.

A housing in black or dark grey plastic to hold a 2.8mm WF day/night backup camera high in the rear window at the roof line that angles the camera just down enough to see how much space you have backing.
    GNNR

Comment

how about a lightened set of pullys (not underdrives) that would be the cats-ass...
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Absulutely. But because we're not a custom car shop I would need a design. Even if it's just a drawing(though it would have to be exact).

But that was the kind of response I was looking for!!

Comment

In response to GNNR, you wouldn't nessesarliy need CAD experience, I can offer that too. I would just need a detailed drawing showing design & dimensions of what you wanted.

But what you're thinking of is definately doable.

Comment

just check out your G6 and get the demensions LOL... you could definitely profit from these on your car as well! I'm clueless when it comes to these types of machining things!

Comment

We don't have any products of our own, we just develop and manufacture for our customers.
              For example, we did a prototype one-off grill for the Subaru Tribeca. We also did the custom badging for the Denali's when they were in the prototype phase. Just some examples of the higher profile stuff.

Our customers design, we build...... win/win

Comment

So I'd have to find out the exact specs of the pullys on our cars?

Comment

i'm not bad with CAD. i have a couple years under my belt working with Solid Works 2004 and other programs...even some experience with MasterCAM, which is a program often used to run CNC machines to produce whatever you drew in SolidWorks
                  -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Simplyred- Yes, unfortuantely. I don't know enough about engine design that I could help, otherwise I would. Sorry dude.

blkGTPcoupe- So you've got the design background we need!! We use solidworks 75% of the time, so get to work on some pulleys for Simplyred!!!

Comment

for my senior design project in engineering at penn state i had to design parts, draw them in solidworks, convert to mastercam, and then machine them using a cnc machine, so i have the experience to do that kind of stuff...however, i'm not experienced enough with cars (unfortunately), to be taking it apart to be able to draw things and i don't have a micrometer to be measuring things. i dont think using a ruler would cut it when measuring pulleys and such
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

So we just need a third party who can design the parts......Anyone who can do this kind of automotive engineering work let me know.

This might just work!!

Comment

lightened pullys would help all of us out.. dropping I'd guess what... 10lbs or more in weight that the engine has to spin?

Comment

can you do tail lights?

Comment

haha yeah.. that would be tits!

Comment

Working...
                              X