Brake pad for a 2005 GT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad for a 2005 GT....

So heres the deal. I am replacing my rotors and pad in the front b/c of shaking when stopping from higher speeds. Figuring the rotors are warpped.

I purchased the GT brake pads with had the number of PD1039 i believe. These pads are no where near the correct pads. I then called the auto part store and they said those are the correct pads for the GT.

These pads were skinny and long compared to the fat and short ones that are on there.

What came to my mind was, is my car a GT then. It is badged as a GT but i do not see GT anywhere else.

I bought it used from a big chevy dealer..........

Couldn't tell you, but you wouldn't find GT anywhere else anyway. Except for the 2006 seat embroidery, even GTPs are only badged as so on the trunk.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

You could look at your VIN and check it with a translation, I think there was some posted on here somewhere. But somewhere in there it should tell you what trim you have, and you could always look at the engine. But the pads are the same anyways, it only matters if you have abs or not. Look in the brake pad number thread and there is a bunch of them listed that you could go by as well.

Comment

^yeah there are multiple VIN decoders online that show all the info contained in the VIN-just google it and you should find it.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Brake pad for a 2005 GT....

Originally posted by mcardlek
          I purchased the GT brake pads with had the number of PD1039 i believe. These pads are no where near the correct pads.
          The base pad is 1028....try those.
          As for it being a GT does it have the other GT options?

Also those 1039's are for the front. The back ones are shorter....

Could this be as simple as mixing up the front with the back brakes?

The backs are the same with either model....1033.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

What are other options that only the GT would come with?

Comment

the most obvious would be if your tail pipe has a chrome tip on the end of it.. chrome wheels are also a big give away..
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

the GT brakes that they sell in all parts store will NOT FIT a 2005 GT for a fact.

I have an 05 GT with tapshift, chrome wheels, chrome exhaust tip, adjustable pedals, monsoon stereo, spoiler and badging. And a "ZH" in my VIN. The base G6 pads, are the only pads that will fit an 05 GT. not sure how, why. but i went through a long process, even arguing with the dealership.
                05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Working...
                X