-Oil Life Reset
    -Remote Start Capability
    -Horn Chirp During Remote Locking
    -Horn Chirp During Remote Unlocking
    -Light Flash During Remote Unlock and Lock
    -Delayed Locking
    -Automatic Vehicle Unlocking: Specific Doors
    -Automatic Vehicle Unlocking: When Key is Off or When Put in Park
    -Exterior Perimeter Lighting During Remote Unlock (When Dark)
    -Language Select (English, French, Spanish or German)

DIC Display
    -Trip A
    -Trip B
    -Fuel Range
    -Econ
    -AV Speed
    -Oil Life

DIC Warnings and Msgs
    -Auto Lights Off/On
    -Brake Fluid
    -Change Oil Soon
    -Check Cargo Top (convert)
    -Check Gas Cap
    -Door Ajar
    -Engine Disabled
    -Engine Power Reduced
    -Ice Possible
    -Key Fob Batt Low
    -Low Coolant
    -Low Fuel
    -Low Oil Level
    -Low Washer Fluid
    -Parking Brake
    -Power Steering
    -Service Air Bag
    -Stabil Not Ready (Stabilitrak)
    -Top Failed (Convert)
    -Top Inop (Convert)
    -Top Move Complete (Convert)
    -Top Not Allowed (Convert)
    -Top Not Secure (Convert)
    -Top Over Temp (Convert)
    -Top To Cold (Convert)
    -Trunk Ajar
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

It should be noted that the AUTO lights off/on only works when the car is not in gear (auto tranny) or Neutral/Reverse (6 spd) in Canada. As soon as you go into gear, your headlights go on regardless.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

say what now...i can turn my off anytime i want too, so i dont know how you came up with that idea

Comment

Are you referring to the DRL"s because you should be able to turn the auto lights off and when it gets dark they wont turn on automatically. The only thing I dont like is the instrument panel still lights up only when its dark
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

i hate DRLs, AHLs, and all that auto-on lighting bullshit. if i want my damn lights on, I will turn them on, i don't need my freaking car to do it for me. looks like i have to disable all this crap on another GM car.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
            say what now...i can turn my off anytime i want too, so i dont know how you came up with that idea
            Notice the part that says in Canada

It's so we can't disable the DRL's, which are required by law.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

so come across the border and buy a car then go back, wont have that problem, haha

Comment

Re: DIC Features List

Anyone know how to adjust on an 09.5:

-Light Flash During Remote Unlock and Lock
                -Exterior Perimeter Lighting During Remote Unlock (When Dark)
                The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

i hate DRLs, AHLs, and all that auto-on lighting bullshit. if i want my damn lights on, I will turn them on, i don't need my freaking car to do it for me. looks like i have to disable all this crap on another GM car.
                  I know this is about 5 years too late however...

...why the hell do you care if your car does things automatically for you? Does it boil your blood to look at your cluster only to observe the audacity of your car turning it's own lights on? Does it make you flip your lid when the doors automatically unlock? Has it pushed you over the edge to see a car start itself when the owner presses the button to make it do so?

Not trying to be a jerk, but it just seems to me that when you're complaining that your lights are automatic, you're just looking for a reason to raise hell.
                  Last edited by dustyd64; 08-22-2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

All these automation are nice to have. I am glad that automakers are thinking about the customers and making things more convenient for them. However some things do get a little too far and they over-engineer beyond what is necessary. They must think that their customers are too dumb or too stupid, and I do feel a little insulted for my car to tell me exactly how I should operate it by having everything pre-programmed to the manufacturer's preference. I think that for every automated feature that the manufacturer put in, there should be a permanent manual over-ride so that we the owners can disable anything that we don't like.

Comment

OK you want a "real-life" example of why someone wouldn't want auto lights? I've got HID's and want to keep them as long as possible, and it's entirely unnecessary for them to go on while I'm pulling out of the garage in the morning. But because the auto light feature is automatic, there's nothing I can do about it besides flip the turn signal stalk down as soon as I turn the car on, but at that point they've already been turned on so I don't know how much is saved. I do try to remember to turn the auto lights off as I'm pulling into the garage (unless of course it's nighttime and the lights are on already).

Still, it would be nice to have it set up like my 05 Grand Prix where you could click the setting down to off until you wanted the feature on.
                      CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DroptopDiamond View Post
                        OK you want a "real-life" example of why someone wouldn't want auto lights? I've got HID's and want to keep them as long as possible, and it's entirely unnecessary for them to go on while I'm pulling out of the garage in the morning. But because the auto light feature is automatic, there's nothing I can do about it besides flip the turn signal stalk down as soon as I turn the car on, but at that point they've already been turned on so I don't know how much is saved. I do try to remember to turn the auto lights off as I'm pulling into the garage (unless of course it's nighttime and the lights are on already).

Still, it would be nice to have it set up like my 05 Grand Prix where you could click the setting down to off until you wanted the feature on.
                        That would be worse for them, just let them turn on, and the car should keep them on for 15 seconds or so. The car generally doesn't click them off instantly. Or do what I do, and always run lights.
                        1972 F100
                        1978 Twinstar
                        1992 Miata
                        2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by dustyd64 View Post
                          I know this is about 5 years too late however...

...why the hell do you care if your car does things automatically for you? Does it boil your blood to look at your cluster only to observe the audacity of your car turning it's own lights on? Does it make you flip your lid when the doors automatically unlock? Has it pushed you over the edge to see a car start itself when the owner presses the button to make it do so?

Not trying to be a jerk, but it just seems to me that when you're complaining that your lights are automatic, you're just looking for a reason to raise hell.
                          really?your going to bitch out a member that isnt even here anymore in a 5 year old thread and say hes looking for a reason to raise hell?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

how to change the unit?

Crab intakes with Crab claws
                            Resonator delete
                            Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
                            Racingline strut tower bar
                            Tinted taillights
                            18' Enkei Razr's with 225/45/18 Toyo Proxes
                            Painted calipers

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                              That would be worse for them, just let them turn on, and the car should keep them on for 15 seconds or so. The car generally doesn't click them off instantly. Or do what I do, and always run lights.
                              his point is that if you kill auto lights then they wont flip on in tunnels or garages.
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X