This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etching windows

Well I want to get my windows tinted...but I noticed the windows were etching a bit and figured I would take her into the dealership - don't want to pay for tinting and have to have the windows changed. The service manager said he would order in the windows so I have to wait now. He said that I should check the seal on my windows and make sure there are no rocks, grit there - that is what caused it he said...never had that happen before in any other cars I owned but once replaced I will make sure to check that when cleaning her.

I feel stupid, but what do you mean, etching?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight
      debris in the window track is scratching the window.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        Originally posted by Midnight
        debris in the window track is scratching the window.
        oh, I ask becouse I noticed that when I roll my window down it allways seems to have streaks on it.
        i wipe them off and they return, maybe this is etching,
        I feel dumb now...
        I just figured I didn't clean them well enough.

Comment

i would consider etching to be more of a permanent problem than just being able to wipe it off, but maybe the OP disagrees with me.

it wouldn't hurt for you (Midnight) to remove the window tracks and give them a thorough cleaning to prevent a permanent problem from occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            i would consider etching to be more of a permanent problem than just being able to wipe it off, but maybe the OP disagrees with me.

it wouldn't hurt for you (Midnight) to remove the window tracks and give them a thorough cleaning to prevent a permanent problem from occurring.
            thnx!
            I will do that then.

Comment

I have them on my car I don't know if the dealer will do anything about since I put on the tints already.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Alot of G6s have had this issue. I know in my GT my drivers side was etched right in the middle of the window. And also like midnight, it started out as greese streaks. Take it in and get it looked at before tiniting, that would be a very wise decision. Not sure if they will do anything for you, but you should atleast try.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                  Alot of G6s have had this issue. I know in my GT my drivers side was etched right in the middle of the window. And also like midnight, it started out as greese streaks. Take it in and get it looked at before tiniting, that would be a very wise decision. Not sure if they will do anything for you, but you should atleast try.
                  Well they ordered my windows today so as soon as they come in and get installed I will go get the tint put on ...and watch for rocks/debris in the window from now on....

Comment

Working...
                  X