Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer screwed my car up (Resolution Added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer screwed my car up (Resolution Added)

Ok I've about had it. I have had a mystery noise in my engine now for almost 2 months and I've carried it in over and over. At first they said it may be the chassis mount, then the strut mounts. This last time they just said they didn't know, but to bring it back one more time. They did say they soaked some bushings to see if that was it. Well I went to pick it up and I was in a hurry so I just listened to their crap about that not being the problem and took off. When I got home----- I went crazy!!

I had a gash on the front right wheel well as well as scratches around the gash. Then I look closer and see that they put some gooey blue shit on my brake pads. That screwed up my caliper paint. Then I look down at the rims and I'll be damned, but they are screwed up too. The stuff they soaked the bushings in apparently leaked down and got all over the rims, calipers and inside tire area. It has eaten away the inside of the rim. There is also a copper looking casing for the caliper and pad area that has now slightly melted and ran down the caliper messing up my paint job and decals. I have been so pissed that I haven't called yet for fear of cussing them so badly they just hang up, but I did take some pics when I found it.

I had them printed and grabbed the ones I just had printed two days before and I am going to go tear that red headed manager a new hole tomorrow morning. What the hell can make metal melt? That is basically what the rims and parts of the calipers look like. And on top of all of this my steering is now loose and the creaking popping noise is still in my engine. I'm sorry I don't have the pics up because they aren't digital. I will try to scan them tomorrow at work and get them up if I can at lunch. If I make it there- I may just beat the shit out of that service guy and end up in jail cause if he tries to pull that - we didn't do that shit- I will kill him. My camera does the date stamp thing and I have the proof that just two days prior to taking it to them- that it wasn't damaged. I also had the problem some of you had with the bumper rubbing and they did fix it- kind of - When I went to wash the car yesterday I noticed that they just jacked the trunk lid up some and now there is a large exposed area around the trunk.
    Please pray for me- I can't afford bail.
    Nikki #3- Who Doesn't Like A Threesome?

Official Thrill Seeker of the SWO
    Mods:
    UHP 225/40/R18, 40% Tint, Window/hood deflectors, Chrome lower grill covers, trim on back lights,and trim under spoiler, Red duplicolor brake calipers and G6 GTP logos on door handles, Silver GTP logo on calipers and G6 GTP 3rd brake light cover

To make a long story short, I would find another pontiac dealership. It doesnt matter if you got the car from a diff dealer, don't go back to that one.
    "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

good luck

if im thinking that if they sprayed the stut bushings there gonna say it wasnt them and the blue stuff may have been stuff to try to quiet up the pads but it shouldt screew any thing up

try to reason with them before you go balistic thelyy be more likly to work with you if you do that if you go in there and strat cussing theyll just fix what they screewed up and nothing more

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I wish there was an easy answer. I am going to try to be nice at first, but it is hard for me. I'm just a natural witch. The main problem is there are only two dealerships within 75 miles of me. I have already burned one bridge and this will be my last chance for a local dealer.

I know they put the gooey blue stuff on the brake pads. The manager had told me that they wanted to do it, but I specifically told them no. He explained that it helped to extend the life of the pads and I told him that I didn't care about that .

I also know that the dealer saw the condition of my car when I brought it in because one of the mechanics was specifically asking about my calipers and they were both looking at them to see what I used.

I am just so mad at this point that I don't really care if I have to drive an hour to another dealer. I just can't believe that such assholes exist. Once I get the pics up tomorrow hopefully you'll see what I mean. It doesn't look anything like it did. I put in a lot time and effort to get my car the way it was and I just want to hurt someone--

I am going to start off nice and explain myself and show the evidence that I have- but if that doesn't work--- all hell will break loose.

Thanks though you guys I do appreciate you reading this - it helps to have some response to such a crappy event.

Mods:
        UHP 225/40/R18, 40% Tint, Window/hood deflectors, Chrome lower grill covers, trim on back lights,and trim under spoiler, Red duplicolor brake calipers and G6 GTP logos on door handles, Silver GTP logo on calipers and G6 GTP 3rd brake light cover

Comment

Well I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you can fix it all up with the dealer. Good luck

Comment

Again good luck to you

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I'm not sure whether I should be wishing *you* luck or your dealer. Woman scorned and all that.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
              - DS S3 Intake
              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                I'm not sure whether I should be wishing *you* luck or your dealer. Woman scorned and all that.

Thanks!

Mods:

Comment

Sorry to hear about that experience. When you get done with the dealership tomorrow, it may be time to call Pontiac Customer Care.
                  Good luck.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Shitty deal. Hope you get it figured out.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

^ x2

It's a shame that there are still dealers (and other shops) that treat people and their cars like this. And it still seems to be worse when women take cars in for service or some problem. I know my wife's fed up with getting her car taken care of at several places around here.

Lot's of good advice above to keep your cool and take the problem to the right people ... including the regional offices and Pontiac Customer Care. But still nothing wrong with letting them know how upset and disappointed you are with the way they mistreated your car.

Hope it's resolved to your satisfaction without too much more difficulty.
                        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

These are some of the better shots of the damage.

Mods:

Comment

Damn!
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X