Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Tail-Light Removal Guide With Pics

How to Remove G6 Coupe Tail-lights.

1) Remove your crap and cargo nets or push them to the back of the trunk.

2) Remove the two cargo net attachment points closest to the rear.

3) Pull back the trunk carpet until you can see all 3 bolts for the tail-lights.

4) Use a 10mm socket on the 3 bolts. Be careful not to loose any of the bolts behind the carpet when they come off.

5) Gently pull the tail-lights off. It may help to push the screw(#3 from previous pics) that is closest to the slender end of the tail-light from the inside.

6) Unclip the power wire.

7) Tada! You'r tail light is off.

To put it back on, do the steps in reverse...duh!

9) But I suggest a tinted tail-light from Chad of Unique Coatings

2007 Silver G6 GT Coupe (w/Hammerhead Spoiler)
    SWO Member
    Tinted Tails done by Chad (cbrenn71)

Thanks for this. But just so you know, you don't need to remove that lower cargo net attachment. Just the top one is enough.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

very nice write up...doubley good cause dont you have to totally remove the tailights if your bulbs blow out..??
      06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
      D.S CAI+Stage 4.
      Tune Time Performance Tune.
      Red painted calipers.
      GT-R Exhaust
      GM Strut Bar
      Red LEDs under dash
      PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
      Hammerhead

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtp
        very nice write up...doubley good cause dont you have to totally remove the tailights if your bulbs blow out..??
        Yep!
        And GTPGuy82 is right, you don't have to remove the bottom cargo net attachment but I did just in case I dropped one of the bolts behind the carpet. Easier to reach back there then.

SWO Member

Comment

nice job on the write up, I also remove both of mine just for the hell of it
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

That is kind of lame that you need to remove the light ot change the bulb. But thanks for the write up, I have to change one today!

Simple Socket set and I am there!
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I thought one of the steps was "clean crap outta trunk"

hehe
              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

thanks jpuck, helped a lot bud

Comment

Originally posted by funkdunc
                  thanks jpuck, helped a lot bud
                  No problem!

SWO Member

Comment

thanks this came in handy when i changed out my stop light.
                    Mobil 1 Synthetic, 15% tint

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2592600

Comment

Re: Coupe Tail-Light Removal Guide With Pics

Sorry to bring this topic up but I have a question. How do i remove the two cargo net attachment points? Do I unscrew them or do they just pop off?

Thanks.
                      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

they just pop out, they are threaded so u could probly unscrew them but i have always just yanked them out.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Just a warning...the more you pop them out, the more worn out they get. Mine were so bad to the point where I had to replace them because they wouldn't hold the net on anymore...they'd pop right off. But they're not expensive. They come in a pack of 5 for a few dollars.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                          X