TSB's for 07's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB's for 07's

I'm wondering if anybody knows of any TSB's for 07, specifically for the 3.6L and the 6 speed auto.

I'm taking my car in on tuesday for my first oil change and i'm going to have them look at my tranny as sometimes it doesn't engage reverse until I gas it, then it'll bang in gear. I'm also having them look at my brakes as they sqeak and vibrate when braking at high speeds. I'm also having them look at the steering as it makes a whining sound.
    07 White G6 GTP Sedan
    OPGClub

I guess there aren't any?
    07 White G6 GTP Sedan
    OPGClub

Comment

I know of no specific service bulletins or recalls for the 2007 but I sometimes get the tranny thing going forward that you get in reverse, with the same engine and transmission. I have to have it towed in once because of a transmission glitch that it wouldn't go forward in drive, I had to put into manual mode and tap it to 2nd gear.

I just had it looked at for some codes about the engine misfiring and traction control and ABS. other than that it has been a fine car! except of course for the sun-roof rattle and the passenger seat rattles (both fixed by the dealer)

I don't mean to be all negative, there are a lot of good things about the car... good looks, spacious back seat, good acceleration, smooth ride to name a few. I am sure once my dealer finds the culprit in these service codes all will be well again.
      2007 G6 GTP

Comment

The hesitation between reverse and drive is, as far as I can tell, the usual burden of having an automatic transmission. I haven't had any other problems.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I know with the Aura, they had to reprogram the transmission software in November to improve the shifting, in particular, the TAPSHIFT. I know it made a difference in my car

Comment

Originally posted by Aura XR
            I know with the Aura, they had to reprogram the transmission software in November to improve the shifting, in particular, the TAPSHIFT. I know it made a difference in my car
            Do you have any documentation from that? I purchased my car the month before, and since its the exact same tranny, I wonder if I could benefit from that.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

The TSB# is 1858621

I'm looking for additional information on it and will post it ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Aura XR
                The TSB# is 1858621

I'm looking for additional information on it and will post it ASAP
                Appreciate it

EDIT: Did a search and this shows up for the Aura XR but not for the G6 GTP. Might be a problem when they were programming the Auras, not the MH2 in general. Damn, I thought I was going to get an even smoother-shifting auto

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

I have a 2007 GTP 3.6L with the 6-speed auto and I occasionally have some transmission issues. It seems like it can't make up it's mind which gear to be in. If I'm doing like 45 MPH and have to gun it for some reason, it will sometimes just rev in what seems like neutral instead of downshifting into the lower gear. It scares the hell out of me, because the last thing I want it to do is drop from neutral into gear when the RPMs are elevated and end up leaving my tranny scattered on the road...Lol. When that happens I take my foot off the gas until the tranny makes up it's mind, but it would really suck if I needed to accelerate to avoid a crash and that happened.

Also I've noticed primarily when the engine is cold, there are weird popping sounds from under the hood. Almost sounds like a small backfire. Now when I say the engine is cold, I mean within a few miles of leaving the house, because it doesn't get below 60 degrees too often in South Florida...hehe.

I'll be taking my car in for it's first oil change soon, so hopefully they will be able to address these issues as well.
                  -Kevin
                  2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                  2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

ya dude I posted up a similar problem with my transmission and it was concluded to be normal.

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9054
                    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                    Black/Black coupe

Comment

I use gmlink.com and so far I have no recalls posted.
                      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                      Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                        ya dude I posted up a similar problem with my transmission and it was concluded to be normal.

From your post, that doesn't sound like the same issue I have. Your post sounds like your RPMs shot up but you were still in gear and accelerating, which would be definitely normal.

On the few occasions that I had a tranny issue, the car actually dropped into a neutral state when I mashed the gas pedal (instead of downshifting into the lower gear) and was just reving while the car was coasting. Definitely NOT normal!
                        -Kevin
                        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

My old Ford Probe GL does that alot, dropping into neutral upon high throttle. Definitely wouldn't expect it out of a new tranny, get it to service!

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLab
                            Originally posted by jerrodmann

From your post, that doesn't sound like the same issue I have. Your post sounds like your RPMs shot up but you were still in gear and accelerating, which would be definitely normal.

On the few occasions that I had a tranny issue, the car actually dropped into a neutral state when I mashed the gas pedal (instead of downshifting into the lower gear) and was just reving while the car was coasting. Definitely NOT normal!
                            exact same thing happened to me a couple of times, make sure to tell me if you ever figure it out what it is, i was just going about 40 and i tried to accelerate and nothing happened rpm's damn near redlined but the speed stayed the same, except i was in tapshift mode, i put it in drive and it worked fine

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLab
                              I have a 2007 GTP 3.6L with the 6-speed auto and I occasionally have some transmission issues. It seems like it can't make up it's mind which gear to be in. If I'm doing like 45 MPH and have to gun it for some reason, it will sometimes just rev in what seems like neutral instead of downshifting into the lower gear. It scares the hell out of me, because the last thing I want it to do is drop from neutral into gear when the RPMs are elevated and end up leaving my tranny scattered on the road...Lol. When that happens I take my foot off the gas until the tranny makes up it's mind, but it would really suck if I needed to accelerate to avoid a crash and that happened.
                              I have the exact problem as well but mine happends at 40 km/h.
                              It's almost like a dead spot on the downshift and tranny has no idea how to cope.
                              07 White G6 GTP Sedan
                              OPGClub

Comment

Working...
                              X