GTP Rough Idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTP Rough Idle?

I was wondering if any of you GTP owners are experiencing a rough idle. Mine seems to "lope" a little sporadically between 700-900 RPMs. Also, possibly related, when I'm getting on it in a low gear it sometimes seems to lose some power for a second then go back to normal.

Should I take it in on this?
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe, Black, 6-spd.

My car's idle was still and did not move the first couple weeks I had the car. But after a few months, the tach needle moves around slighty.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I've seen alot of reports of the 3.5's doing this. Not necessarily here but on other forums as well
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

mine does... no big deal, seems like sometimes the motor just goes unbalanced for a few seconds and goes right back..

translate to GM: "Its supposed to do that"
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

My 3.5 just started going that this past week, I figure if something bad happens-WARRANTY!!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo
            translate to GM: "Its supposed to do that"
            Best GM quote I've read in a while!
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Re: GTP Rough Idle?

Originally posted by V'Burg GTP
              I was wondering if any of you GTP owners are experiencing a rough idle. Mine seems to "lope" a little sporadically between 700-900 RPMs. Also, possibly related, when I'm getting on it in a low gear it sometimes seems to lose some power for a second then go back to normal.

Should I take it in on this?
              What's the coolant temp, when this happens ?

Comment

GTR.. there are so many claims of this on other forums (like G6OC), mine does it too. I don't know if its happened lately to be honest because I havent driven the car much due to the weather, but I know at one point it was happening all the time at idle (summer months). Now it seems to have stopped, it was almost like the TPS was off just a hair.

Comment

GTR.. there are so many claims of this on other forums (like G6OC), mine does it too. I don't know if its happened lately to be honest because I havent driven the car much due to the weather, but I know at one point it was happening all the time at idle (summer months). Now it seems to have stopped, it was almost like the TPS was off just a hair.

If I had to guess, I would say it's the 02 sensor sending a variable signal to the ecm. Which would be normal under certian conditions. Especially if it's not setting a code.

Comment

Nah no code, its just like you'd be sitting at idle and the rpm's would drop a lil and then go back to normal.. Maybe 1 second is the whole process is if that

Comment

this happens to me as well...i took it in to the shop and had them look at it and they said nothing was wrong...i still dont like it though
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

hmmm, i havent had any problems like that on mine, havent really tried to notice though, might have to see if i get this when looking for it

Comment

I was looking at mine today and it barely moves. It shakes around a little, but nothing too noticeable.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                            this happens to me as well...i took it in to the shop and had them look at it and they said nothing was wrong...i still dont like it though
                            Meaning the computer didn't SAY something was wrong
                            Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

While sitting in park the idle appears to be a little low in my opinion. i dont like it but when driving the vehicle i have no complaints with the idle.
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X