This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Crank, No Start, Blown Fuse - 2.4l Vin B 2006 G6

Wife took my car out of state last weekend and on the return trip she stopped for a break. Car would not restart 50 miles from home. Noticed the starter fuse under the hood was blown. This is a 'relay' looking fuse, which you need to get at an autoparts store (for $3.99 each!) Got two, and found that as soon as the key turned to start, it blew. Well, to make a long story short, I ended leaving the car there and went home to try and find a tow dolly... I'd much rather take my car to MY dealer. Happened to look online and found out that the purple starter wire can rub the AC line and chafe. This arcs and blows the fuse.

Black tape, zip tie, and a $4 fuse got me home. This is what I found online:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/show ... ght=purple

#06-06-03-001 - (Feb 1, 2006) is the bulletin that GMPCC Ryan was referring to, it states the following:

No Crank, No Start, Blown Fuse (Repair and Reroute Starter Wire)
    2006 Pontiac G6

with 2.4L Engine (VIN B - RPO LE5)

Condition
    Some customers may comment on a extended engine crank or a no start condition. This condition may be intermittent and, upon investigation, the technician may also find that the 30 amp starter fuse (#26) is blown.

Cause
    This condition may be caused by the purple starter wire (circuit #6) chafing against the A/C line.

Correction
    Repair the damaged wire and reroute wire to new location. Replace the 30 amp starter fuse, if blown.

nice post man, someone might need this information some day
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Working...
    X