Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tint legal limit for Ontario - anyone know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint legal limit for Ontario - anyone know?

Thinking of sneaking my car in tomorrow morning and getting her done...hmmm

Safest bet is 35% or lighter, but I've gotten away with 20% for 7 years.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

hey Tom - where was the place that you suggested for Mississauga? I'm going to get mine done shortly as well.
      2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
      - 6 Speed Automatic
      - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
      - Chrome lower grill inserts
      - Spoiler

Comment

I actually can't find the link to their website anymore. Odd.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I went to Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill but I heard from other forums Thornhill Tinting is good as well.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Well I'm probably going to get it done monday - cost is about $245 with tax - going to get 22% - it's the one shade darker then legal - is this a good price?

Comment

So anything less than 25% is technically illegal I presume?
              - 6 Speed Automatic

Coming soon:
              - Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by bull09
                So anything less than 25% is technically illegal I presume?
                --> In Ontario
                - 6 Speed Automatic

Coming soon:
                - Spoiler

Comment

THE LIMIT

Hey, my neighbours are both OPP officers, so i asked them. to answer your question, 20% is the legal limit, which is to say 20% light through. you can likely get away with 20 without a problem, but it should be noted that as with most things, it is up to the officers discretion that pulls you over, so he could in theory give you a ticket for sumthing as high as 30%

Comment

That's retarded ... although I presume if he pulls me over in a suit and tie listening to classical music on the radio he'd probably back off lol...

Thanks for the info - much appreciated!
                    - 6 Speed Automatic

Coming soon:
                    - Spoiler

Comment

Re: THE LIMIT

Originally posted by whiteGTP
                      Hey, my neighbours are both OPP officers, so i asked them. to answer your question, 20% is the legal limit, which is to say 20% light through. you can likely get away with 20 without a problem, but it should be noted that as with most things, it is up to the officers discretion that pulls you over, so he could in theory give you a ticket for sumthing as high as 30%
                      I beleive that 20% in the back and 35% for the front windows is the limit.

I have 15 or 20% all around... u can easily get away with 20%, is when you start going under 15% that you have to be concerned.

If you want it dark, i'd say go 15% in the back and 20% in the front.

Im not sure it $245 is a good price, but it sounds alittle high.
                      I only paid $150, but i do know the owner, so i guess that helped.

good luck!!

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
                      15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
                      Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
                      Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
                      Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSedanMan

I have 15 or 20% all around... u can easily get away with 20%, is when you start going under 15% that you have to be concerned.

good luck!!
                        Hmmmm so no deals for fellow G6ers eh? lol and fellow Sens fans? come on put in a good word!

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat

good luck!!
                          Hmmmm so no deals for fellow G6ers eh? lol and fellow Sens fans? come on put in a good word!
                          Did you want to drive down to Ottawa to get the deal?
                          If your gonna be in the area, i can give him a call and see what he can do!

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
                          15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
                          Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat

good luck!!
                            If your gonna be in the area, i can give him a call and see what he can do!
                            Well I wanted to drive up next weekend but still not sure of my plans...I am sure your guy doesnt want to do a window on the long weekend hehe...thanks tonnes for the offer...made an appointment for next tuesday

Comment

Hmmmm so no deals for fellow G6ers eh? lol and fellow Sens fans? come on put in a good word![/quote]

If your gonna be in the area, i can give him a call and see what he can do![/quote]

Well I wanted to drive up next weekend but still not sure of my plans...I am sure your guy doesnt want to do a window on the long weekend hehe...thanks tonnes for the offer...made an appointment for next tuesday[/quote]

Hey... is your appointment today???
                              Can you post some pics when you get it back?

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:

Comment

Working...
                              X