Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 324 left on warranty

and in the shop

alright so i go to a branch here at work and everything is working fine, i come back out and start to drive back to my office, well i notice my car shifting super hard, i look down to find the traction control light on

i thought oh i just kicked it a little to hard on the go, nope i cant control it. now i know i have had this problem before as have others, before though shutting the car off and back on fixed it for me. so i pull over to let it sit for a few and then try again, idles rough and shuts off.

again idles and shutoff x12

so i say well ill just gas it when i turn it on to get past the rough idle, so i do and it feels like shift upward, but the engine seems fine now. i start driving and still rough drive/idle/shifts. so i call dealership to say i need a car and im bringing it by, they say earliest is next wednesday. being the nice person i am i say no, im coming right now and i need a car, cause i cant drive one that is gonna shut off as much as i drive for work.

he says is there a check engine light (nope sure isnt), he says okay bring it by so we can see the problem, i said no worrys i am so incase by the time you get to it, it doesnt do this you will know the problem. no longer than 10 seconds after i end the call, my check engine light comes one and the engine power reduced pops on the dic

great, so now i can accelerate 0-20 in about a minute(literally) luckily i make it to the dealer without having to stop, they come out to look and see problem with it. sounds terrible, like im gassing not gassing but really weak. he says well ill move it over there for ya (it stalled twice on him while doing so)

anyway, those that have had this problem, what did they find/do about it for ya?

if they give me crap about the stage 4, im taking my factory parts down there and putting it on in their parking lot and turning the car back on to show them that didnt fix it

Damn, that sucks.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Just be thankful you got in on the tailend of the warranty!!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
      - DS S3 Intake
      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

oh yeh i know....so i mentioned to them to look at rotors

he says the pads arent covered pass 24,000 miles...i was thinking, i didnt say the brake pads, i said rotors

i said i know, ill take care of the pads myself, but i know these cars have problems with rotors so just take a look for me

Comment

Yea, at your mileage, I'd start worrying about them crapping out. I can't believe people here have had problems with them at 1X,000...at 3X,000, I'd be concerned.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I'm curious what the culprit is for the stalling/no power problem?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

That's really strange - the good thing is, usually things big things like that the dealer can figure out fairly quickly. Almost sounds like it could be a bad injector/coil. Although, a plugged up cat can cause all sorts of things to go funny...
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

well they werent suppose to get it in for a week, but i went back yesterday to get my work badge i forgot and it was already in shop with tech 2 hooked up to it

so we shall see what they say

Comment

Hmmm I'm really curious to see what is up as well.

Comment

well...they said that one of my clamps came loose on the intake and so no air was going thru the maf....i doubt that seriously as i checked them last night when i went back to get my name badge

but they said once they tightened them back down it went away, so maybe so

but im having them write something up saying i brought it in

Comment

so i check to see if they really did anything to my intake, the only thing i can notice different is that they CUT MY ZIP TIE

and moved that other tie that held the hose in place below the tubing (the one that everyone wonders where it goes)

besides that i couldnt really notice any changes. looked like they might have moved my clamps some, but since i know they werent loose im guessing the MAF is messing up and it went away and they didnt know what to do

Comment

A lack of air through the MAF can cause all sorts of junk. Did they make you pay for it since it could have been proven that your CAI could have caused it?
                        2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                        (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                        (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

no, they are pretty cool about the aftermarket parts..said they arent suppose to fix it but they did....i mean if he told me the problem i coulda fixed it

Comment

Working...
                          X