Where to get inspected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get inspected?

I didn't know if ya'll have any clue on this...

My car's plates are for Maryland... but I am living in PA temporaily until August... after that I will be moving back to DC, but on the VA side...

so question is... my inspection will run out beginning of June... where do i get it inspected? Go back to Maryland for a day? Hope the PA cops don't care about a Maryland plate and get it inspected in VA as soon as I move there?

Thoughts?

by the way... my driver's license is WV
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

That's a tuffy... If it were me, as long as my plates/ registration didn't expire when the inspection did, I would try to wait until I got to VA.

Comment

as far as i am lead to believe, all states that actually have inspection stations have the same inspection laws...the only thing i know is when i lived in South Carolina, I had my car registered to an NC address, and had to go across the border to get it inspected cause even though i lived in a state that didnt have inspection, if i would have been pulled over i still would have gotten a ticket just due to the fact of where my car was registered. if that helps any...

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
        as far as i am lead to believe, all states that actually have inspection stations have the same inspection laws...the only thing i know is when i lived in South Carolina, I had my car registered to an NC address, and had to go across the border to get it inspected cause even though i lived in a state that didnt have inspection, if i would have been pulled over i still would have gotten a ticket just due to the fact of where my car was registered. if that helps any...
        Yeah that being the case the best way to cover your ass would probably be to go back to Maryland and pay the 20 bucks or whatever nominal fee it is to get inspected. Then get it inspected again when you go to VA... Sounds funny, but you have to get it inspected, registered, and titled in Virginia within 30 days of moving here. I'm not a lawyer or anything, though, so use at your own risk... lawyer made me say that though

Comment

When I moved from Calif to Indiana, the BMV here said to register before my CA plates expire. Inspection was not necessary.
          Now I have calif smog equipment I don't need here.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

You can go to any inspection place. They will see where your car is registered, and do the inspection the way its done where your car is registered. Does that help any.
            "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

Originally posted by dragonpontiac1979
              You can go to any inspection place. They will see where your car is registered, and do the inspection the way its done where your car is registered. Does that help any.
              yeah, if I can just get it done here, that would be great

Comment

Im pretty sure you have to go where it is registered. All states with inspection have different steekers. I vehicle with Maryland tag and carrying Pa stickers, yeah i dont think that will work. And they sure and the hell aint gonna carry Maryland tags in Pa.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                  Im pretty sure you have to go where it is registered. All states with inspection have different steekers. I vehicle with Maryland tag and carrying Pa stickers, yeah i dont think that will work. And they sure and the hell aint gonna carry Maryland tags in Pa.
                  well that was a little confusing

but thanks

Comment

Wow, can you tell i was typing in a hurry? Long story short, I am pretty sure you will have to go back where your vehicle is registered. I will find out for sure tomorrow.
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Wow, can you tell i was typing in a hurry? Long story short, I am pretty sure you will have to go back where your vehicle is registered. I will find out for sure tomorrow.
                      I thought maybe you were drunk and got lost on the way to the post here when you're drunk thread....

Comment

Originally posted by LZ9Ignition
                        I thought maybe you were drunk and got lost on the way to the post here when you're drunk thread....
                        That has happened a few times

Comment

I was in the same boat you where, when I was living in Graham NC. My car was registered in Person county, I got it inspected in Graham cost me the same as if I was in Person County.
                          "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

yeah... I was kinda thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by dragonpontiac1979
                              I was in the same boat you where, when I was living in Graham NC. My car was registered in Person county, I got it inspected in Graham cost me the same as if I was in Person County.
                              I'm pretty sure registrations and the such are state regulated and not county or city, at least here in Virginia. I have to pay county property tax on my car, but registrations and inspections are all State of Virginia DMV related. I would wonder a little bit if I had to pay more for an inspection in one county versus another.

Comment

Working...
                              X