Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I GTP to GXP??

Am bored tonight ovously

Been thinking, should I maybe upgrade from my 06 GTP to the 08 GXP when it comes out? I really dont know. Of corse it would be a coupe again. Dont care for the street package really. The GXP has every option my GTP has too such as side impact airbags now being standared and ect. Going to guess with it should be about the same amount as my GTP was 26500 after tax and tags give or take a little. Am guessing with trade in on car, GM points and some money down I should be back at finaning my orginal number of 17K maybe less if am luck. I only owe 10K on my car by septmeber and would like it prob around november-ish IF I chose to get it. My GTP has 12500 miles.

Plus my G6 floor mats ovously would fit in the GXP, my CAB would swap over, and the very first week right down to I go to get my PCM tunned so everything my GTP has now. :P

Before I say my pros and cons last comment thats HUGE with me on the GTP, the seats arent comfortable for me. There not soft really, a little to hard for me....... if I drive 100+ miles in the car at once I come out a little stiff and sore. I hope if this is so, the GXP seats be softer/more padded then my seats. So the seats in my GTP is the BIG reason why I bring this up also.

Pros: New car again, 3.6L DOHC with 6spd tranny with better MPG, GXP two tone on seats now which I think will be cool VS my black on black GTP seats. Then the other things which are nice, I would be skiping rotors, breaks, tires. Plus my Monsoon CD player still isnt working and been waiting 2weeks for a new one to come in from dealer right now and have ALWAYS had a climate control temp issue

Cons: No more electric metalic blue would be a darker midnight metalic blue. Be owing prob 17K again on the car VS owing less then 10K by time I come to maybe buy it, my exhaust tips would be cheaper to prob by new ones and get rewelded on alltogether an extra 200-ish (not a big deal though)

I dont really know though, what do you guys think? Worth it or just a waste of time? Dont get me wrong, overall am happy with my GTP but a thought I have had for an idea if I want to upgrade or not.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

A couple points:

1- The 3.6L/6-speed auto combination is AWESOME, I find it very unlikely you'd be disappointed.

2- I saw the GXP at NYIAS, and I don't think the seats are made out of any different materials. The only difference seems to be the available two-tones, which I think look rather tacky the way they set them up. Couldn't sit in it though, so I can't be sure.

3- I think you still get those silly elongated grilles even without the street package, though I'm not 100% on that. Do you care for them?

4- GXP allegedly has a MP3-capable version of our stereo, which is a plus.

Depending on whether or not the MP3 stereo is important to you, you may find the bill for a holdover '07 GTP easier to swallow. That's all for now.

EDIT: Oh yah, one other thing. '07 GTP or '08 GXP, you'd get yourself the longer warranty.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I thought about trying out the 07 GTP and def be cheaper. MP3 dont even have one (and am 23 too) Two draw backs I have on the 07s, I like the GTP inprint on the seat and I understand the 07s dont have that but not 100% sure, 2nd is the seats again

Dont care too much for the griles, there ok. Was hoping to get a coupe like mine again with out the street package or anything if that was possible :P

Warrenty is nice being bigger, even though I would throw a PCM tune on right away

2013 Mustang GT
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

You can be sneaky with the tune though

Yea, like I said, I think the seats are the same firmness and material, though having the GXP printed on the seats would be pretty cool I guess.

Some of the GXP show cars out there at the various shows have been non-Street and still have the grilles, so again, I think you might be stuck with em. But Pontiac themselves don't seem to know what's going on there, so anything could happen.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Personal opinion? It all breaks down to 2 things. Finances and desire. If money is not an issue, then go for it. If money is an issue, but you really really want a GXP then go for it.

I wouldn't do it myself, but the idea of trading in a 2 year old car just doesn't work for me. Some people can do it, but I tend to drive them until they start nickel and diming me to death.

Comment

i too personally would wait. i agree with the trading in on a car thats only a couple years old...some people yeah, some people neh. and only to trade it in only because its a 3.6 instead of the 3.9, yes understandable but dont think that would be sufficient as of right now.

if anything, wait a few more years (like 2) and see what else they decide to do with the G6 and this way you know that if there are bugs in it, the lot of them would be out by then.

but i would wait and see what can be put out by the 3.9 (you can always make a car fast) and if youre going to be modding a car, might as well mod one you dont have to put more car payment money into.

that and i personally am one for the 6 speed manny not the 6 speed auto.

Comment

Plus we *are* only 2 years away from the next-gen G6, if rumors are to be believed.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

There will always be improvements with each model year so there really is no point chasing after a moving target.
                The next generation G6 will be out in 2010 or 2011. Either wait for that or go with a brand new G8. That's what I would do. The GXP grill is fugly.

Comment

^you say it well
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I say keep it and wait it out for a bit. If you had a base or a GT sedan I could see upgrading. You have a pretty quick coupe now though.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I'd keep it man, if you are going to make the jump at least make it a bigger one than that.

Comment

I'd agree with Interfire. And if you really want a 3.6L for better economy, then at least get it in a nicer package like a *RWD* G8!!

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Thanks everyone! :smoke:

I appresate all your info, it was an idea I throw around my head a few times. The MPG isnt a big issue all, just would always be nice to get a little more thats why I said that too :P Good points like two more years the 6er might get completly redone and be buying that one too if I like it So far out on the market the G6 coupe is about my favorite afordable car thats balanced between luxry, power, and safty. Just the damn seats arent comfotable for me in long rides

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I don't think you'll see the seats change anytime soon, probably not until the redesign.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

haha go to advance or somewhere and get those seats covers that have pads in em

Comment

Working...
                              X