Warranty Issues (Canadian G6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Issues (Canadian G6)

Hi, Just want to ask any canadians out there when you mod the G6's had any warranty issue with their dealers? Did they say anything ? if you put certain mods that is non gm product it void the warranty! A lot of people said here the warranty will be void only if they can prove that certain mods u put in is doing bad stuff to the car. I purchase the Extended warranty because I put a high mileage in the car due to work and stuff had it for 7 months 12300 kms.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

I dont know about Canada, but here in the US theres a LAW that says the dealership has to prove that your mod caused the problem... plain and simple
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

i am from canada i know with my old 2002 cougar ford tried to pull that crap with me about car starter one dealer said no the other said get a pro to do it & they dont care

i no my buddy dans cougar had crazy alt problems went through like 5 in one year they tried to blame his stereo so the 5th time going back they told him no warranty void so he wrote ford & he end up get money back for deductable that he paid for everytime he got a new one ($100) plus never had to pay again deductable for warranty work & they guy told him if he has any more problems contact him the cougar were well knowin for alt problems in the 99's

If you do somthing that screws up car EXample thoese fake chips on ebay say you did that & if fried your computer i think you are S.O.L on that
      but muffler & stuff like that i would say no on my car its leased he told me treat it like my own if i add any extras & they will leave holes if i take them of i have to leave it on car if i turn back in the 4 years
      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Does the extended warranty saids anything about modification?? I checked gmcanada.ca they didn't say anything about it i guess I have to call the 1800 number!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
          Does the extended warranty saids anything about modification?? I checked gmcanada.ca they didn't say anything about it i guess I have to call the 1800 number!!
          I asked the dealer when I bought my vehicle, they said that it was GM policy to void the warranty if it can proven that the problem came from an aftermarket part. But think about that, that is up to *them* to void it, not to the court or a particular standard.

But there is nothing we can do really if they decide not to honor the warranty, w'ere not going to go pay 3000$ for a lawyer when its a 1000$ fix and they know it. Legally we are in a bad position

I decided not to do anything mechanical until the warranty is over. For the car alarm, GM sells car alarms by viper if i remember, and they can install it and not void the warranty.
          Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoma_2
            I asked the dealer when I bought my vehicle, they said that it was GM policy to void the warranty if it can proven that the problem came from an aftermarket part. But think about that, that is up to *them* to void it, not to the court or a particular standard.

But there is nothing we can do really if they decide not to honor the warranty, w'ere not going to go pay 3000$ for a lawyer when its a 1000$ fix and they know it. Legally we are in a bad position.
            I don't know about my fellow G6 owners, but if I took my car to a dealership to have work done and they tried giving some lame ass "your car has mods so its void of warrenty" excuse. They'd have one hell of a battle with me on their hands (as long as I knew I was right) and then, when the smoke clears and I win haha.. I'll have the laywer go after them for their fees!!! Besides when you start talking about lawyers, court, etc, etc... you'd be amazed how fast a dealership or company will back down to not have their name in the papers, news, INTERNET, etc...

Comment

i didn't realize GM had viper alarm systems. interesting, but i think i would rather instal it myself anyway. i can't imagine an alarm voiding your warrantee though, sounds a little extreme.

Comment

I can only see it voiding the warranty if you do it yourself and start burning shit up than.. your screwed!!

Comment

Working...
                X