Mothers Chrome Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Chrome Polish

Ive been using Mothers Chrome Polish on my exhaust tips ever since I had a 00 Gran Am GT (Quad Exhaust). This stuff works great on the exhaust tips and on the flat part of the GTP wheel. I clean the tips and tims with this stuff every week when I wash. Take a look at the pics.
    You can pick it up at basically an auto supply store for 4 or 5 bucks. I would rate it a 10 out of 10!

[/img]http://www.showyourmedia.com/files/1178403080.jpg[img]

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

I never thought to use it on the flat part of the wheel - Isn't that a little too abrasive for the clearcoat? I would think you'd want to use regular wax on the wheels....

correct me if I'm wrong?
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I use regular wax on the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
        I never thought to use it on the flat part of the wheel - Isn't that a little too abrasive for the clearcoat? I would think you'd want to use regular wax on the wheels....

correct me if I'm wrong?
        its not abrassive or gritty at all the liquid is as smooth as silk.
        you put some on the towel wipe it on let it set to haze (10 minutes) then wipe it off just like you would with wax! my rims are perfect just like the day I got em no fine scratches or anything.

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

I use it on my tailpipes already, but I always thought that as a "polish" it was minorly abrasive, and might take a layer of clearcoat off with it
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.

Comment

I use Meguiars NXT metal polish on my wheels all the time. As for being abrasive most polishes are to some degree, and yeah they take some clear coat off but you have plenty of it in that aspect.

Comment

I dunno, I still think that because they're clearcoated, that it'd be much safer to use regular wax thats safe for clearcoat.

You'll run out of clearcoat eventually

Comment

Two products for two different jobs, but fair enough that is why most people don't want to get into polishing. Just comes down to what you want your paint to look like.

Comment

I use the Mother's polish too. But it doesn't help if the exhaust tips already have pitting in them
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    I use the Mother's polish too. But it doesn't help if the exhaust tips already have pitting in them
                    ya i now what you mean I got my car with 1500 miles on it and the Broad who had it before me didnt take car of it the way I do, so there is some pitting but hardly noticeable unless your 4 inces from the pipe and looking for it!

Comment

Hey guys, you can even use Mother's Chrome Polish on your windows as a great window cleaner! Cleaner and streak free finish than any spray on window clearner.
                      -Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow

-Forget the car, if the driver sucks, you don't stand a chance!
                      ----------------
                      'Quick'Silver 2006 G6 Sedan 3.5ltr V6
                      - debadged - took out resonator

Comment

Sort of off topic, but I bought an old '78 Honda CB400A for an around town bike (it's really just a big scooter). Anyway, I used the Mother's product on the engine/wheels w/a Mother's PowerBall and it came out awesome.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

bike looks good.

Comment

i second mothers crome polish

2006 Base Sedan 6 cyl
                              http://www.fquick.com/RODBTCH

Comment

Working...
                              X