window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tint

I plan on tinting my car out, just trying to figure out what %. I really dont' feel like being hassled by the cops specially here in New Jersey ive gotten plenty of tickets before. I just can't stand not have the fronts done. What does everyone have on theirs? also what does every one think I should do? was thinking about doing 20% all the way around or 35% all the way around or 20%in the back and 35% in the front, but i never really like the two different shades. I wish they made like a 25%, but ive never found a place with that shade. anyway let me know what you think? thanks
    06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

im planning on having mine done this week. i think im going with 35 all around (even though the PA law is 70). stacy's car is 35 and it looks real nice. since the rear side windows are so small in the coupe, i think it looks better just getting the same tint all around.

-Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

i may do 20% again because i have the panaromic(sp) sunroof which lets more light inside, and makes the tint look lighter, still duno thanks for input though
      06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

i dont know man, that pan roof is pretty dark and doesnt allow alot of light in thru it, and you could always leave the cover forward when not using the sunroof

i have 20% and it is still visible when lit no matter what...so if you want people to not see in, i go with at least 15%

Comment

Eh, I'm not exactly legal with tint. I have 20% on the front & 1% on the back (double tinted, 5% on top of 20%). I don't have to worry about people seeing what's in the back seat, it's more of worrying if I can see OUT

Based on FL laws, I believe the legal limit for my car is 35% front 20% rear.
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I'd go with 20% all around...but around here you will get hassled by the cops fo sho. I'm still unsure if I'm gonna risk it and get 20% again or just go with 35% all around.
            2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

35% will let people see into the car easily when its daylight out and so so at night.

20% will make it harder for people to see in during the day and really not at all at night. But during the day if you open the sunroof cover it lets enuff light in to where the cops "shouldn't" mess with you and you can still see thru it at night pretty easily.

5% will make it nearly impossible to see in or out of the car, this is the tint that the cops will easily hit you for but IMO looks the best.

Heres my car with 20% all around, one side pic during the day and one head on when it was gloomy out

Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

all of my cars have been tinted with 20% before, gotten a few tickets with them and the last car was the worse i got 5 tickets in 3 months so I pulled it off the front for awhile and thru 35% on the front and was only hassled once and of course it was cause i got stopped for DUI. Passed all the test but got a tint ticket instead. I love the way 20% looks not too dark and not too light. State troopers are the ones i have to deal with though.

Comment

MY Rx7 was limo all the way around and maaan I would get stopped constantly for them. Fortunatly for me, I'm a dick and wouldnt take the ticket since they never had the meeter on them hahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by E-G6GT06
                    all of my cars have been tinted with 20% before, gotten a few tickets with them and the last car was the worse i got 5 tickets in 3 months so I pulled it off the front for awhile
                    hahah same here with my Accord...pulled over 5 freakin times and then I finally had to take it off the front 2 windows.

Now here in MI, you're ONLY allowed to have the TOP 4 inches on the front 2 windows tinted!! How stupid is that?!?! Yeah. So cops can hassle you about ANY percent tint if they want to
                    2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Now here in MI, you're ONLY allowed to have the TOP 4 inches on the front 2 windows tinted!! How stupid is that?!?! Yeah. So cops can hassle you about ANY percent tint if they want to
                      wow thats is stupid, i hope no one does it around there, thats what I figured im like if Im going to get stopped I mine as well have the 20% all the way around, usually i get lucky and roll down the windows before hand or turn the interior light on.(but somtimes it like is it worth the hassle and worries)

Comment

Thats how I look at it... see I think the sedans have it easier in this dept because due to our size more lights in the car than the coupe. Whats weird is that my girlfriends car isnt tinted yet and when I drive her car, I still do the mirror check when I pass the cops to see if they are turning around haha. To me, its worth it because for the number of days I've had mine on **knock on wood** I havent had ne problems (over 8 months)

Comment

Originally posted by E-G6GT06
                          wow thats is stupid, i hope no one does it around there, thats what I figured im like if Im going to get stopped I mine as well have the 20% all the way around, usually i get lucky and roll down the windows before hand or turn the interior light on.(but somtimes it like is it worth the hassle and worries)
                          Yeah it sucks! And no, I haven't seen anyone actually follow that law around here, thankfully.

The putting the windows down thing doesn't work here either haha, that last time I got pulled over - BOTH my front windows were ALL the way down and the asshole cop wanted to be a jerk and asked me if my front 2 windows were tinted...what was I supposed to do? Lie? So I told him yes. And without checking for himself, he gives me a ticket that was complete bullshit as he NEVER even saw the tint, but yet writes me a ticket for it ugh.
                          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

that cant legally pull you over for just tint can they? i dont think they can here in WV, have to have another reason

as for the top 4"s only rule that is a bunch of

Comment

In NJ they can pull you over just for tint, they pull you over for every little thing, This state is horrible. Wish I lived in S.C when i was down there with my Grand AM, they didn't care about anything i was driving with all neons, and windows and everything eslse going. The cops actually liked my car.

Nikki, i know the feeling i was stopped for that too, even though i had my windows down the one time. I hate that law so much, but can't do anything about it. Thinking maybe I can get a doctors note from my doctor saying skin canncer runs in the family. (which it does) This way i can have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X