Universal Muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Muffler

Hey guys I found this sick Muffler on ebay. There are so many this one kind of caught my eye. I was wondering if there was a specific size for our car tho? the Inlet? outlet? something like that. let me know what you think about this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIT-ALL- ... dZViewItem

Let me know what you think of that.. performance/quality, etc.. its cheap too!
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

I personally wouldnt do it.. thats a ricer muffler LOL... but to be totally honest it wouldnt fit the valance right and would be so viewable it would stick out like a sore thumb... at least thats my opinion!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

hmm sory whats a ricer muffler?

Comment

I'd be skeptical of any muffler that is $27.94 shipped. If you just want your car to be louder, it'll do (2.5" inlet should work fine) but if you're hoping to gain a GOOD sound and performance, I'd skip it.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

what are the better things that a good muffler, maybe a borla muffler would have to offer? performance wise?

Comment

my06v6g6-please please don't put that thing on your car!!! Mostly everyone who has had their exhaust done so far is either leaving out their stock resonator or the stock muffler and either adding the equivalent in aftermarket parts like Magnaflow. There are a few vids around here with different setups and a lot of pics of those setups also. When you have some time just look around the performance section-and remember there are multiple pages you can go to at the bottom.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

A more reputable manufacturer (like Borla) would likely use better, more durable materials, better manufacturing techniques and the products will have been engineered to last. Magnaflow, as Senator LoJac brought up, is also a great brand. You could do a crossflow setup and have dual outlets if you use one of their Camaro/Firebird mufflers.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

A ricer muffler is something you'd see sticking out of the ass end of a Civic, Clipse, Etc....

Comment

aka something that usually sounds like a weedeater going down the road on wheels

Comment

or an angry can of bees!

Comment

i think a magnaflow muffler would sound good on these cars should be an easy install to
                      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Thats what Coupe has on his car<--GAH had on his car! Sorry man....
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

magnaflow?

this is the first one i found on ebay, the inlet is 2.25" even tho it says universal, will a 2.25 inlet be able to fit onto our 2.5? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnaflo ... dZViewItem

i'd prefer one with a sound dampener tho, jus so i dont wake everyone up at night so i was also looking at this one .. but is it too fat? will it be seen under the valence?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MagnaFlo ... dZViewItem

Comment

I know that ebay is all the place to shop now a days but a muffler is not someplace I would personally put one. You have to make sure the measurments are exact and thats not a place you can always trust for the info to be right on. The rear muffler doesnt look like a normal muffler it runs left to right instead of front to back so these mufflers your looking at wont fit right. Theres a resonator in the middle of the car and then a muffler at the valance. When coupe had his car and did his exhaust he removed the muffler near the rear valanace and split it into dual exhaust while replacing the resonator with a magnaflow unit. Heres a picture of what the exhaust looks like under the car so you can get a better idea of what were talking about so you can buy the right muffler. See how the muffler at the back of the car is different than the ones your looking at?

Edit: Your cars not going to wake up the neighbor hood with any exhaust that you put on it really. Doesnt have the same setup to make it as deep as a mustang or as high pitched as a ricer. It will give it a nice mellow tone thats just a deeper than stock, especially if your only replacing the last muffler and leaving the stock resonator. The ones your looking at are going to give it that annoying higher sound

Comment

hmm yea i see. so i should look for one kind of shaped like that right? thanks for the tip about the sound of the actualy muffler. I think i might leave the resonator in and just change the stock muffler, I'll take it to an auto shop because I need to get it installed there anyway and ask them if they would be able to put the one im looking at in.

Comment

Working...
                              X