running wires to trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running wires to trunk

im trying to run cables to my trunk for my amp. i know how to connect all the wires. im just having trouble removing the door jams. im not sure what the name of it is. but its where the rest of the wires are run in the car. can anyone tell me how to properly remove them.
    Silver 06' G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan: Dr. Speed coldair box, ZZPerformance Strut, CAB Option 4 in cool blue, and more to come

Just pull up on them. They're held on by clips.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yeh, in the front start in the front near footwell (take off the side wall piece first)

in the back start at the back

Comment

I didnt pull mine off to run any wires. It sucks, but i just tucked them in and they havent fell out yet.
        06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
        http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

I ran mine under the dash to the driver and passenger sides, then under the door sills, behind the rear quarter interior panels, and right into the trunk.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

just make sure all the clips are still on the sill when you go to put it back on, sometimes if you take them on and off the clips will start to stay in the car slots instead of the plastic sill.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I know this is a stupid question but from the pics I've seen posted, there doesnt seem to be much room in there to run wires for the stereo. Nobody's worried about cutting the wires that you're putting in there? Most of the time everyone likes to run a huge wire for power to the rear. Is there that much room? Are there any other places that seem to be acceptable to run the wires if there isn't that much room? I'm only curious because I'm making plans to throw a 10" sub in the trunk for a little extra boom.
              Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the vehicle.
              Over-steer is when you hit the wall with the ass end of the vehicle.
              Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
              Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!!!

"Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a Simple Man....." - Charlie Daniels

Comment

I havent stripped the six down to look, but it honestly doesnt take much space to put the wires in there. That and the coating on the wires is meant to take a pretty good beating so getting cut by anything but a sharp peice of metal is unlikely.

Comment

I found plenty of room to run my 4-gauge power wire.
                  -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Nice. I saw someone run some fairly large wires under the door sills and managed to rub through the sheathing and start a fire on the pinch welds of the body. Ever after that incident I've been hesitant to run wires under the door sills of a car. May I note that he did a severely poor job of running the wires to start but it still scared me.
                    Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the vehicle.
                    Over-steer is when you hit the wall with the ass end of the vehicle.
                    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
                    Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!!!

"Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a Simple Man....." - Charlie Daniels

Comment

There's lots of room.

How would it start a fire? Didn't he put a fuse in?

Comment

Like Mike said, there's more than enough room for a 4 gage, with room to spare. There's probably even enough room for a 0/1 gage wire, as long as you do your system right, and run the RCA's down the other side of the car
                        Originally posted by colinpeddle
                        They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                        That here, by G6er law, we lie
                        Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                        THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

If your car catches on fire, then you did it wrong! Short and simple.
                          The door sill is the way i have always ran the wires i installed. And beleive me, i have installed them in numerous types of vehicles. As long as you install them correctly, you should have no problems. And yes, there is plenty of room for the power wire.
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I take it the hole in the firewall is on the driverside then? It was the opposite on the Grand Prix.

Comment

yes but I had to drill my own.
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X