trunk key hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trunk key hole

I don't have a trunk key hole on my G6 - I understand I have a trunk release on my phob and on the drivers door a button to pop it open as well...but all the pics I see of other 6ers have key holes...now that must not just be a special option. Did they used to have the key hole as well as the power release trunk? Is this just an 07 thing? I am by far not complaining as I prefer not to have the keyhole but just curious...here is a pic of my 6's rear end to show.

Might be just a vert thing, I haven't seen enough vert pics to be sure. But every coupe and sedan I've seen regardless of year has it.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

wow thats really wierd.

i dont think ive seen a car without one.

hmmm. ive used mine a few times, just to keep the hole in use
      -Lucy-
      2006 Silver Gt Coupe
      3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
      sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

That may be a safety thing they are doing for the verts. Make it harder to get in the trunk, I've heard of that before. Don't know that much about it never owned a vert. You should talk to some of the other 6ers that have verts.
        "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

I WISH MY CAR WAS LIKE THAT!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
          2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

None of the verts have trunk locks. lucky..
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah.......

kind of sucks in one respect. I'd of liked to had my chrome handles cover my keyhole.... but without a way back in if the batt died, I'd be screwed. Oh well.....

but yeah. not an 07 thing, it's a G6 vert thing.

all in all, i'd rather not have the hole.
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Reason is because couldn't trust owner not to try to pop their trunk with key when convertible top was in the middle of cycle which would goof everything up :P

Comment

^yeah I agree, also I wish I didn't have one-I'm planning on painting mine in a couple weeks
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

People who have it don't want one, people without it want one

Comment

^lol and so the story goes :smoke:
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                        People who have it don't want one, people without it want one
                        LOL well that isn't me - I dont have it and dont want it - I like the clean look of it and the pics Ive seen of it on others cars - its off center and that would bug me. I am wierd that way - bonus plus I dont have to do a mod to my car to remove it as I have read in other posts

Thanks for the answer everyone!

Comment

Sedans have it just below the arrowhead, which makes it less noticeable. Never did understand why they made it so prominently off-center on the coupe.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

hey I know its off topic....but are the tail lights a little differant on the vert compaired to the coupes? I know the trunk is a little highter up or is it just the pic that makes the shape of the tails look differant?

thanks
                            ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

There are minute shape differences, they are not interchangeable. If you look at a picture of the coupe, the coupe tails round the top corners a bit more.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Working...
                              X