Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G6 under investigation for power steering loss (sedans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 under investigation for power steering loss (sedans)

this was on Autoblog.com today. anyone have this problem? one more reason why coups are better. lol

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 148/AUTO01
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Electric steering. If I remember correctly, that would mean 2005 models, 2006 base, V6, and GT models, and 2007 base models are involved in this. Is that right?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Sweet maybe they will buy my car back!!!! Isn't that how they do that, if they have a recall on that many cars.
      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

^ still a long way off before they'll offer a buy back.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I'm guessing it want come to that.
          "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

wonder if the coupe is included in this?

i didnt take the time to read it yet, but arent the electric steering systems the same in the sedan vs coupe?
            -Lucy-
            2006 Silver Gt Coupe
            3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
            sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

That does not include the GTP. THe GTP has power assist steering.
              Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Originally posted by kgeier82
                wonder if the coupe is included in this?

i didnt take the time to read it yet, but arent the electric steering systems the same in the sedan vs coupe?
                2006 3.5L coupes have electric power steering, I think. 2006 GTPs have hydraulic power steering, and was expanded in 2007 to all V6 models.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

It happened to someone a long time ago.

They were driving (or their wife) and it went to the right (or left I cat remember) and they hit a pole or tree and had to get their car fixed. Its is suppose to happen if you go from extreme to extreme (all the way left or rihgt then the other way) very quickly.

Look it up SEARCHOLA!

Its a really old thread!
                  SSSS Czar

Comment

cant be as bad as it sound. theres tons of sedans on this site and never seen a post on this problem. the press always inflats the truth to some degree.
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Go check out g6ownersclub.com. There's a lot of complaints there.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I hope they can resolve it without becoming a big stink in the media.
                        Having the steering lock up suddenly is serious and can potentially be deadly.

Comment

God a buy back would kick ass in my situation but I seriously doubt that will happen
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Steering lockup occurs mostly in the 05 sedans. I'm glad mine wasn't one of them. Now if they would make a rack and pinion that doesn't clunk.

Edit for more spelling
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

This is the last think Pontiac needs! Pontiac has beed doing somewhat of a comeback since they started redoing all there cars. I realy hope it doesent come to a buy back.

Comment

Working...
                              X