• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar

Brand: Turtle Wax
    Price: $10 or so.
    Purchased From: Kragen Auto Parts

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: Took me half an hour or so.
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Make sure your car is clean of course before applying. Requires you to wash your car afterwards.

Quality of Part: 9 (applicator pad handle broke off on me)
    Product Performance: 5
    Would you Recommend to Others: For a quick clay yes.
    Any Other Comments: Doesn't really get every particle out.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

I just saw a commercial for this, was going to ask if anyone had used it yet... Im waiting for a non-sunny hot day so I can claybar my car since I have to do it outside... but now that I know this works so so I might give it a try!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

A clay bar is a clay bar, not much is going to differ from one to the other besides it's fineness.

Comment

Well if Im not mistaken... this is like a wax with clay particles in it?! So it would be liquid and not a real piece of clay??

Am I right...
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Is it? Never seen/heard of it before so I just went out on a limb.

Went and looked and you're right, yeah I guess they meant liquid literally. No wonder it wouldn't work very good. I'd stick with a normal clay bar instead, this looks to be gimmicky.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            Is it? Never seen/heard of it before so I just went out on a limb.

Went and looked and you're right, yeah I guess they meant liquid literally. No wonder it wouldn't work very good. I'd stick with a normal clay bar instead, this looks to be gimmicky.
            It seems more like a polish instead.
            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

yeah it's not an actuall clay bar, I personally would prefer the physical clay as opposed to a liquid, but if it works well then :P
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

TURTLE WAX

That wax is garbage I used MEGUAIRS NXT WAX this past weekend good stuff

Comment

The wax garbage or the clay bar?

Comment

and modifications is spelled wrong

Comment

I used this last weekend myself. I actually went in search of a real clay bar, but the local auto parts place didn't have one. They had these instead so I decided to give it a try.

I think alot of people look at the name and assume it's bad. While that is true with most Turtle Wax products, I don't think that is a fair judgement on this one without using it.

It was quick and did a pretty decent job. Very easy to use which is a plus for someone who hasn't used a real clay bar before. It's nearly impossible to mess up and gave me a smooth as glass surface as advertised.

Comment

I have to agree on the NXT comment, good good stuff!!
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It doesn't take long to learn how to use a clay bar. Use plenty of detail spray. I didn't mar my finish the 1st time I used it.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

ive used it and i love it as well... good for getting scratches thats as deep as the wax... also looks gr8 after you wax it... i 2 love this shit
                            !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                            FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                            SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                            14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

You think NXT is good you should try #21, that stuff kicks the shit out of NXT not that I don't like NXT though.

Comment

Working...
                              X