No announcement yet.

Something interesting for 3.6L owners..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting for 3.6L owners..

According to this, Road & Track pushed a 5.9 second 0-60 out of the Saturn Aura XR. I'm pretty sure the gear ratios are the same in the Aura as in the GTP, does anyone know if the Aura comes with better tires stock? Wondering what the true stock capability of the 3.6L is, considering when I was shopping for it most sources printed a 6.5 second 0-60, and many have recently printed 6.2 seconds. Not a huge difference I know, but it makes me curious.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

i read somewhere that the 3.6 G6 dialed in at 6 flat?

Donno dude, I went over to the Aura forums and all them dudes are old. They don't care about going fast
    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
    Black/Black coupe

Comment

Comment

"We clocked an impressive 0–60-mph time of only 5.9 seconds, equaling our runs in the 274-bhp Mazdaspeed6, 260-bhp Nissan Altima SE-R and the 340-bhp Dodge Charger R/T, and besting the 268-bhp Toyota Camry SE V-6 by two-tenths of a second."

I'm wow'ed by the cars they say that can beat for 0-60. The Mazdaspeed6 and the frackin' HEMI Charger definitely ain't no slouches...

Then on top of that, the curb weight they posted is what, '3660 lbs.'? The G6'es are lighter than that. What's up GM? Or should I be asking: What's up Road and Track?

Very cool for you 07 drivers... equally cool for us 06 (3.9) drivers once we can get some traction...
        Steve C.
        1991 Red Dodge IROC Daytona - RIP 1991-2006
        2000 Blue Grand AM SE2 Coupe - RIP 2004-2011
        2006 White G6 GTP 6MT Sedan

Comment

3660lbs sounds a bit heavy, but not tremendously so.

The Mazdaspeed6 didn't surprise me so much, I still kinda laugh when people think AWD = faster. Still, it's a crazy little turbo 4. The Charger R/T surprised the shit outta me. I know it's the smaller V8, but still, 340hp! Those things really get killed by their 4200lb weight and crappy 5-speed automatic.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

ya 3600 is pretty close from what i have read.

I was looking into a mazdaspeed at first before the 6. Than I read about the issues they had - way to many mechnical.
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

I hope some reviewer takes a GTP out again and does the same thing. Stock 5.9/14.5 is some nice bragging rights for what a lot of people consider your average family car.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

no doubt. And if we could figure out to launch better with out spinning forever that would be awesome!

hell with slicks!
                Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                  no doubt. And if we could figure out to launch better with out spinning forever that would be awesome!

hell with slicks!
                  Yeah while my other car is down (body work then getting big motor) I am tempted to see if I can figure out how to launch this thing. My one pass was atrocious, spun like crazy!
                  2007 G6 GTP SEDAN A6 BGM
                  2002 Z28 M6 STOCK LUGNUTS
                  2005 MALIBRUISER (I MISS MY ECOTEC!)

Comment

I bet you GM will save revealing the true limits of the 3.6L until 2008 so they can make the GXP seem faster

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                      Donno dude, I went over to the Aura forums and all them dudes are old. They don't care about going fast
                      yeah they're more for luxery than performance.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

We're talking about a Saturn right?

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                          Hard to believe, innit??

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                            Its amazing, but Saturn has come a long way. They aren't even close the automaker they were 10 years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if the G6 GTP is a tad lighter than the Aura. Don't the G6 coupes weigh closer to 3500lbs? A guy on this site ran a 14.8 in the 1/4 in his stock 07 GTP, but it was on a high elevation track. There is a 1/4 mile track just down the street from me and the elevation is less than 500 ft....I plan to visit it one Friday night....
                            2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                            (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                            (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

According to the 2007 Pontiac catalog, the GTP sedan begins at 3,545lbs, while the GTP coupe starts at 3,487lbs. Optional items like sunroofs and stuff add weight though, and the average weight of 3600lbs quoted by reviewers is likely what the test model comes out to after you factor in added equipment.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Working...
                              X