Aftermarket head unit kits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket head unit kits...

Hey guys, thought you might be interested. I found something a long time ago (when I first got my car) about this, and it even had pictures. Looked nice and colors matched interiors. I can't find the pictures again, and I was stupid enough to not bookmark. anyway, here it is:

2006 Liquid Quicksilver Coupe GTP

update

Well, looks like i did find it on the site. Looks different than what I originally saw (it was from a car show originally I think). Looks better than the metro ones, but same damage on the wallet unfortunately.

Comment

looks like an alternative to the Metra Turbo2

Comment

Yeah pretty much... i think the display looks better...some reason i don't think this is the same as i originally spotted though. i'm gonna keep looking for that one

Comment

yeah that doesn't look as cheap as the Metra. i really wish someone would isolate it so it could be mounted elsewhere in the vehicle so that i can put in a double-DIN radio and still have it useable.

Comment

Picture with a head unit installed...

Comment

Looks nice. I really don't care how my Metra one looks because people don't even look it, all they see is the radio. Maybe I'll consider a different one in the future, if someone develops one that looks really sharp.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                yeah that doesn't look as cheap as the Metra. i really wish someone would isolate it so it could be mounted elsewhere in the vehicle so that i can put in a double-DIN radio and still have it useable.
                Very good idea. Let's hope somebody does.

Comment

I would like to be able to mount it in the glovebox or center console someplace out of the way but still having access to it as I dont really use it all that much. If you want it relocated you could always chop up the kit and fab a mounting bracked for it in one of these two spots but who wants to spend upwrads $150 to chop something up. What we need is a company to just make the DIC in a way smaller and more compact version!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Glad to see there is an alternative to the Metra kit, but I think the Metra kit matches the G6 interior a little better.

I wonder if you can switch the color of the LED readout on this one. I'd hate to diverge from the aesthetics of all the interior readouts being red.
                    -Kevin
                    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLab
                      Glad to see there is an alternative to the Metra kit, but I think the Metra kit matches the G6 interior a little better.

I wonder if you can switch the color of the LED readout on this one. I'd hate to diverge from the aesthetics of all the interior readouts being red.
                      I could be mistaken, but doesn't the Metra kit just have a basic LED display with no backlight? I could be wrong, since I haven't seen many pictures of it actually being used.

Comment

The backlight on the screen is white. The letters on the three buttons can be cycled between red and green.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Backlight is white. The buttons can be either ORANGE or green. They do not match the G6 colours.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

You would think for that price each kit would be tailor fit to the car it was going in, I mean how much could it cost to put different color LED's in the thing
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I agree with you. I may take it apart in the summer to see if I can change the colour of the LED. (And yes, I spelled colour right!)

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X