Road Trip Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip Observations

So, I drove about 700+ miles in the G6 the last few days, Chicago to Columbus Ohio and back. Just some things that I thought I would share with you guys.

1. The G6 is a great all around highway car. I was very comfortable and the ride was very smooth, good passing power, climate control, stereo, and other interior features make it a good car for a road trip.

2. Driving in pouring rain for almost the entire trip really sucked.

3. There are many hot chicks that live in Columbus Ohio (possibly due to Ohio State)

4. Drinking coffee tends to add extra time on to the trip due to extra rest stop breaks.

5. Got about 25 MPG on the highway, most of the time going 75-80 MPH.

Didn't see alot of G6's. Probably about 4-5 the whole trip. At one point me and another G6 Sedan were following each other for about 20 miles. I saw a pretty cute chick driving a coupe with body kit, and two black racing stripes in Indianapolis.

All in all, a good trip, and back home safe. :wacko:
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

lol, i like your 2nd - 4th observations
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Glad to hear it was a good trip.

Comment

Gas mileage sucks even on the highway, isn't it?

Comment

Re: Road Trip Observations

Originally posted by GTP80
          2. Driving in pouring rain for almost the entire trip really sucked.
          I love driving in the rain, I wish it did more often here.

Comment

While I don't necessarily share interfire's enthusiasm for rain... I do love night driving. Gas mileage is always better on the highway. I'm glad it was a good trip I drive a lot from va to mi (where I am from) and ohio is the worst state on that trip... I'm glad somebody had a good trip through there..

Comment

love the observations
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

What suprises me is you were able to get through OH at those speeds without getting a ticket.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Ok to answer all the last few posts:

Well, the gas mileage was about what I expected so I cant complain.

I definitely dont enjoy driving in the rain, I hope youre kidding Interfire. Light rain doesnt bother me but I hit some pretty heavy stuff a few times too.

It really wasnt bad driving in OH. The roads were better than here in Chicago + less construction and no tolls. I hardly saw any police the whole trip, through IL, IN, and Ohio. I can only remember seeing 2-3. I was mostly on I70, I65, and I294. Plus the speed limit was 65-70 so I kept it to only about 10 over hoping I wouldnt get stopped for that.
                  2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

There is something cool about driving in a downpour. Sounds relaxing inside where it's nice and dry, well except for the seatbelt
                    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                    ^ The Man
                    v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by GTP80
                      I definitely dont enjoy driving in the rain, I hope youre kidding Interfire. Light rain doesnt bother me but I hit some pretty heavy stuff a few times too.
                      Nope wasn't kidding at all, the more the better. Whenever it starts raining pretty good outside I always go out for a drive, it's awesome

Originally posted by jonnycat
                      There is something cool about driving in a downpour. Sounds relaxing inside where it's nice and dry, well except for the seatbelt
                      Word... well except for the seatbelt issue, haven't had that issue luckily

Comment

light rain= yay!
                        heavy rain= stay home!

Comment

It's best when there's a wicked thunderstorm to follow too
                          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                          ^ The Man
                          v The Legend

Comment

i stay home and sleep for thunderstorms, unless im at work then im strugglin to stay awake at my desk

Comment

Yeah thunderstorms are awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X